Coros users

12 watchers
21 Jan
2:40pm, 21 Jan 2022
3987 posts
  •  
Snoot
After a few speedy emails from support they went a bit quiet, but after a couple of prompts (and a post on DCRainmakers forum that they're monitoring) I've now been sent shipping details for a replacement...

The next quandry is whether to go back to it or stick with the Suunto as the hill tracking for some reason on the Coros doesn't trigger the badges???
21 Jan
3:16pm, 21 Jan 2022
1176 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
Well, the reason it doesn't trigger them, for me at least, is that an activity on Fetch created with a manual fit file import from coros doesn't give height data, and a gpx file import doesn't contain heart rate data. There is a user setting to use fetch's maps to make the elevation data upon import, which works fine for me, because then I can get both HR and elevation data using a fit file. But unfortunately, Fetch's blog states explicitly that elevation data derived in this way won't contribute towards a badge. So I too have had to put away my Apex and start using a Fenix again. It is not as convenient for following complicated routes made for Fetchpoint, but it is doable.
25 Jan
2:53pm, 25 Jan 2022
3993 posts
  •  
Snoot
Shiny new warranty replacement Apex 46 arrived today, now just to decide do I sell it and put the cash toward something else or do I just go ahead and use it!!!
25 Jan
5:08pm, 25 Jan 2022
1215 posts
  •  
Steve NordRunner
I'm not sure whether his lordship will ever change this problem. Maybe for the same money Snoot you could try out one of the superseded Fenixes?
27 Jan
3:30pm, 27 Jan 2022
4007 posts
  •  
Snoot
Listed on eBay to hopefully put some cash toward an upgrade:

ebay.co.uk

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Steve NordRunner
Help, tips and experience with Corus sports watches.

support.coros.com