Round Norfolk Relay...

11 watchers
Jan 2006
12:08pm, 27 Jan 2006
0 posts
  •  
Slow Going
2nd UPDATE:<br><br>We now have a date for the 2006 event... 16th-17th September, so potentials and waverers can think more seriously about whether they can commit. BTW: Apprently this year is the 20th Anniversary of the event, so they are planning to make it "special"<br><br><br>UPDATE:<br><br>This is looking good. Interested parties keep posting. I will update again when I've got a date from the organisers (or when I've fleshed out the logistics some more)<br><br><br>ORIGINAL POST:<br><br>I would like to put a fetcheveryone.com team together for the round norfolk relay (http://www.roundnorfolkrelay.com/).<br><br>In the first instance, could interested parties post here indicating which stages they would/wouldn't be prepared to run. <br><br>http://roundnorfolkrelay.com.active-ns.com/map_rnr2004.pdf<br><br>shows how long each stage is (and what time of the day/night you are likely to be running)<br><br>I'd like to see if there is sufficient interest to pursue it further.<br><br><br>Starting the list:<br><br>Slow Going (any stages, but preferably 13,17,2,1)
Jan 2006
11:12am, 10 Jan 2006
0 posts
  •  
Plodder
I'd be interested as I've never done an event like this before. I don't mind what leg I do although I would prefer a longer leg if I'm going all the way to Norfolk.<br><br>When is it and how do you get to the start of your stage? I have a mate who is keen to run if you need an extra person.
Jan 2006
12:57pm, 27 Jan 2006
0 posts
  •  
360°
****update*****<br><br><br><br>Subject to A LOT of discussion with Mrs 360, I quite fancy stage 13. Through the scary forest!
Jan 2006
11:20am, 10 Jan 2006
0 posts
  •  
Cliffy tc
Count me in for stage 3. ;-)<br><br>Might be interested depending on work and whatever the wife has planned.<br><br>
Jan 2006
12:14pm, 10 Jan 2006
0 posts
  •  
KatieB
I'm keen, and Rubble may be too.<br><br>8 and 9 are good for us.
Jan 2006
3:44pm, 10 Jan 2006
0 posts
  •  
HowFar?
Is there any navigation involved, or is the route well marked?<br> I've just had a better look at the web site and it seems fluorescent arrows and flashing lights are used to help runners find the way. If that's the case I'd be interested - a long leg would be more fun - not bothered about the time of day.
Jan 2006
1:40pm, 10 Jan 2006
0 posts
  •  
Prop Forward
i'm in sheringham so stages 5 or 6 would be good for me.<br><br>Count me as a "definately interested"
Jan 2006
9:17am, 11 Jan 2006
0 posts
  •  
Mudskipper
Seriously interested (+ another) any stage but the hillier the better. :o)
Jan 2006
9:14pm, 11 Jan 2006
0 posts
  •  
Applecross
Other half willing, could possibly fit this in round a trip to the in-laws (how keen is that???) - they're quite central (derham), so any stage less than about 10 miles for me
Jan 2006
3:57pm, 27 Jan 2006
0 posts
  •  
Gobi
update, I can really do this <br><br>Interested, any night stage as long as it is long :¬)<br><br>put vomit down for 10K or so as well

About This Thread

Maintained by Slow Going