•  
Wriggling Snake
I will watch on catch up...
Jul 2016
10:06pm, 24 Jul 2016
11,588 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
I had real problems with the sound quality - Jonathan Pearce's commentary was especially distorted. I also thought there was rather too much exposition, and the whole thing could have been done in 45 minutes. Going to give Dara and Angela a bit of time to relax. Initial reactions - Dara: thank [deity of choice] he's not Craig Charles. Angela: hmm. Not convinced.

Housemate didn't like the camera swooping around the green lasers as he kept feeling like he had to dodge the screen...

BUT.

I loved the round robin format. Allowed us to enjoy seeing all the 'worthy' robots a few times, allowing a chance to get to know them, and for them to have a chance to perform. The house robots seem nicely upgraded and actually seem to have presence. The speed the pit moves at is gratifying, rather than the slow descent - housemate misses the poof of smoke.

Also really enjoyed the mix of familiar and new robots - Razor, Carbide and Behemoth all looked quality.
Jul 2016
10:27pm, 24 Jul 2016
12,530 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Good review. I think I shall watch. Ta!
Jul 2016
11:01pm, 24 Jul 2016
263 posts
  •  
Scorge
was not a bad watch at all but as has just been alluded to it's about 20 minutes too long, really. will probably stick with it, it's at least 3000 times better than top gear in that spot...
Jul 2016
7:16am, 25 Jul 2016
12,531 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Most programs are better than Top Gear. Even before.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ocelot Spleens
No Craig Charles, unfortunately supposed TV Spod Geek Meister Dara O'notfunny is in it, but at lea...