His Dark Materials

30 watchers
CK2
11 Feb
6:03am, 11 Feb 2022
1128 posts
  •  
CK2
Late to the party. This looks very interesting and I saw the adaptation of His Dark Materials at the National years ago. I’m very tempted but wonder if they’ll release on DVD or streaming at some point as I haven’t stepped foot in a cinema for years!
11 Feb
8:54am, 11 Feb 2022
41391 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
CK2 - the National Theatre do have a streaming service, but I think it's subscription, so unless you were to sign up to that for a month or a year or whatever it is, then it might be had to see.

Cinema I've booked to is a huge screen with hardly any seats booked, so I think it will be pretty quiet, but I might be wrong. :-) G
CK2
11 Feb
1:41pm, 11 Feb 2022
1129 posts
  •  
CK2
Thanks - so good to see it available locally.
17 Feb
10:02pm, 17 Feb 2022
13540 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Well that was amazing! Your sister was great, the whole cast were excellent. Thank you so much HappyG for telling us about it. Now I want to see it live in London.
18 Feb
7:35am, 18 Feb 2022
41508 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Glad you enjoyed it mrs s. She got her full witch scene this time. Baby (Adea) was very good - lovely interactions. We took my mum, who seemed to get it all (wasn't sure she would!) And our neighbour who loved it. She is a "reactor " like me - jumps and screams a scary bits, laughs out loud at funny bits.

I think the daemons are ace. I love Astor, Malcolm's daemon. Daemon crush! :-) G
18 Feb
7:57am, 18 Feb 2022
13542 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
The baby was so good! We couldn't believe how much she took it in her stride. Yes the daemons were wonderful, and a great idea to have them lit up from inside.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Ocelot Spleens
Who watched last night?

I thought it was a good effort, not too many changes, a lot of scene sett...