New Race Training Analysis feature

7 watchers
Sep 2012
10:52am, 28 Sep 2012
11,715 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've updated it now so that rather than choosing a distance, you can choose *any* race from your portfolio, and it'll line it up next to your best ones at that distance. So if you pick a race with an odd distance, like 3.71 miles, it'll compare it against itself :-) Probably best used to look at your upcoming races, and see how your training measures up against what you've already done. Bear in mind that the graphs you see for your future race are based on the time period up to race day - so some of the graphs will tail off alarmingly :-)
Sep 2012
10:52am, 28 Sep 2012
11,716 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/cut-training-analysis.php
Sep 2012
10:57am, 28 Sep 2012
1,136 posts
  •  
Curly45
Ooo tasty. Now then that just got me wondering if you could then use it to line up training in this block versus training in a pb block (say 12 weeks previous) to spit out how well you might do at an upcoming race?

Not sure that makes total sense, but hopefully you can see where I am coming from?

Shame I only started adding training recently - will have to run some more races to do some proper comparisons!
Sep 2012
11:04am, 28 Sep 2012
11,718 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Oh, so you mean an actual prediction of how you'd do?
Sep 2012
11:08am, 28 Sep 2012
1,945 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Great stuff. Totally baffles me that my 10k PB was after basically zero training, but still good to compare stuff!
Sep 2012
11:09am, 28 Sep 2012
3,442 posts
  •  
Badger
Think that looks great, Fetch. Thanks for the 5 longest runs graph.
Can I add a vote for keeping the old analysis tool as well, please? I've found it really useful in the past :)
Sep 2012
11:12am, 28 Sep 2012
3,443 posts
  •  
Badger
Herman, my 10k PB turns out to have been on more than double the volume of my second best time. I thought I was training for a marathon, turns out I was doing really good preparation for a 10k a month after that :)
Sep 2012
11:13am, 28 Sep 2012
1,137 posts
  •  
Curly45
Yes, but based off training rather previous race times.

We all know that input should equal output, but that there is a delay in this process which appears to be variable for each person so I am thinking it would be interesting to compare this prediction with the actual result later.

Maybe calling it prediction is a step too far though, more like suggested time range based on training over the last 12 weeks and then you can bung the reigel value prediction into the same page and pull off a neat little pacing strategies page based on race elevation?

(excuse me I think I just had a nerdgasm)
Sep 2012
11:14am, 28 Sep 2012
1,138 posts
  •  
Curly45
Badger that will be your marathon kick back - got mine at the mile race last week. I LOVE that effect!
Sep 2012
11:29am, 28 Sep 2012
3,444 posts
  •  
Badger
It was great! I was very disappointed with the marathon time, knocking more than a minute of a 10k time I hadn't been able to get near for years thoroughly made up for it.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training-analysis-graphs.php

See the training you did before all your best races. In Graphs!