Mizuno Wave Inspire 5 vs newer models

2 watchers
Jan 2012
4:27pm, 13 Jan 2012
6 posts
  •  
The Alchemist
I've worn inspires since the days of the 3s and I think that they improve with each generation and I couldn't change to anything else. I currently have two pairs of 7s on the go and I would agree that the front end lacks softness (as my black toes attest).
Jan 2012
5:48pm, 20 Jan 2012
32 posts
  •  
simeyk
I have 2 pairs of 6s on the go at the moment. They were my first shoe, but I have never had a problem with them. Skipped the 7s after the bad reviews, but have a pair of 8s in the post right now. Will get back with my initial thoughts after a couple of break in runs.
Nov 2022
5:47pm, 5 Nov 2022
8,709 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Noticed this in the related threads so resurrecting it for the record:

For me, the Wave Inspire 5 was excellent. Got a few PBs and they lasted well in excess of the usual retirement mileage. The 8 was equally as good and durable.

I have also had the 13 and still using a pair of 16. They seem a bit firmer than before but are still my go to for running shoes, although I did try a pair of Wave Riders a few years' back.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by SpicedApple
What (if any) differences are there between the Mizuno Wave Inspire 5 and later models (6, 7, 8)?