Looking to buy a running push chair/buggy - need some advise please.

6 watchers
Jan 2012
11:35am, 10 Jan 2012
331 posts
  •  
Pedro_Perez
Hi all, I have been searching over past posts and cant seem to find any threads on a "running push chair/buggy", Mum's just getting back into running after giving birth and commented on how nice it would be if all 3 of us could get out instead of taking it in turns to go for our runs.

Here is my happy daughter........

[IMAGE]

She is 6 months old now, is it ok to take out in a running buggy and if so what you recommend?

No doubt this has been asked before but I can't seem to find any old threads.

Thanks in advance "Fetch Folk", you are always very helpful.
Jan 2012
11:46am, 10 Jan 2012
13,646 posts
  •  
Stumpy
hello. i think 6 months is OK (caveat: I don't have kids). I'd try posting on the pregnancy thread. those ladies will have answers for you :-)

PS she's gorgeous!
Jan 2012
11:47am, 10 Jan 2012
12,583 posts
  •  
Pestomum
6 months is fine. Try eBay :-)
Jan 2012
11:59am, 10 Jan 2012
333 posts
  •  
Pedro_Perez
Cheers Stumpy. :-)

Thanks Pesto, had a look on eBay and only thing I could really find was this one

ebay.co.uk

Thought it was a little expensive and VERY big and does not fold, I did however LOVE the comment at the end:-

"I would love to tell you that owning a Baby Jogger will make going for a run much easier and I am now a fit size 10. However, I would be lying! I still sat on the sofa eating biscuits and drinking wine, so this pram is offered in very good condition, due to its light usage. You still need will power. "

Did find this one on Amazon, looks good, folds and is not a bad price.

amazon.co.uk
Jan 2012
12:02pm, 10 Jan 2012
4,650 posts
  •  
mulbs
Hello pedro

congratulations on your veryhappy daughter. we bought a vigano babyjogger ii after our son was born and found it absolutely brilliant, it's wheels are fairly big and so it runs really smoothly, the wheels detach easily and it all folds flat for transportation. It has a saftey strap/leash so that if you let go for any reason(falling etc.) then your baby doesn't career off into the sunset. there is a brake akin to that on a bicycle on the handlebar and an axelstand that you kind of kick down underneath as you pull the buggy toward you for a more permanent brake. Ours is a failry long buggy if you are looking to take it anywhere by car . . . I'm just about to put it on ebay as at 8 years old my youngest is unlikely to use it again! it's an older version of this one . . .
vigano.co.uk

there are a lot more pushchair/jogger hybrids around now compared to when we bought ours, the main differrences being the newer ones seem to have a swivel front wheel and smaller wheels generally.

not touting for a sale but if it sounds like one you'd be interested in you're welcome to drop me an fmail.

Good luck with your quest, my sons used to really enjoy going out and getting windswept :-)
Jan 2012
12:05pm, 10 Jan 2012
334 posts
  •  
Pedro_Perez
Cheers mulbs, will have a chat with my wife when I get home from work, really apreciate your input and comments.
Jan 2012
12:09pm, 10 Jan 2012
12,585 posts
  •  
Pestomum
they *are* long, pedro. I would avoid ones with a swivelly front wheel and you need to get the biggest wheel size you can: makes for much easier running :)
Zeb
Jan 2012
12:23pm, 10 Jan 2012
641 posts
  •  
Zeb
although if you do get one with a swivelly front wheel make sure it can lock.

I used the Out N About Nipper 360 to run with, and as my everyday pushchair.
Jan 2012
12:38pm, 10 Jan 2012
335 posts
  •  
Pedro_Perez
Looking/no swivelly front wheel "check" ;-)

Thanks again pesto and thanks Zeb
Jan 2012
1:00pm, 10 Jan 2012
336 posts
  •  
Pedro_Perez
(*sp LOCKING not Looking).

About This Thread

Maintained by Pedro_Perez
Hi all, I have been searching over past posts and cant seem to find any threads on a "running push ...