Sharkie
Wow I-w that’s absolutely superb!
Gus
Mar 2019
11:11am, 10 Mar 2019
1,582 posts
  •  
Gus
Back at the gym with J this morning, both PB at deadlift she got 70kg and I got 45kg happy mom and daughter
Mar 2019
3:05pm, 10 Mar 2019
7,931 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
Well done, both - nice lifting :-)

I got a PB for bench press on Friday. 35kgs. It still feels really tough to do even 30kgs most of the time. When will it get any easier...?
Apr 2019
8:31pm, 21 Apr 2019
1,583 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Been very quiet on here, sorry!

Cath - I think it's a given for many women that bench is really hard (as we generally don't have as much pec/chest strength as men - so much focus on bench over the past 6 months now means many of my bras don't fit me properly anymore!). I've managed 5 reps of bench at 40kg last week, and 41kg today, so slowly building up.

I'm on a slow ramp-up before my next comp in July. PT and other friends keep trying to temp me into Strongwomen comps before then - the one I was becoming really tempted by falls on the weekend we're in London though.
Apr 2019
10:06pm, 24 Apr 2019
12,430 posts
  •  
early bird
I have been very quiet of late too. Not really been making it very regularly to crossfit atm it's just such a struggle with work and university. However I went tonight (on annual leave so much easier to make it) I have always struggled and not been able to do sumo deadlifts very well at all but today I bloody did them! Not sure but something clicked in my head finally about the technique, even the instructor shouted over well done lol. Only 4 x 8 reps @40kg but it's a start (they were part of a super set with bench press) I've not bench pressed like forever but managed the 4 x 8 reps @25kg. I do have a very weak upper body but I am confident I could have gone heavier for less reps.

Really need to push myself to go a lot more than I do atm I'm only managing twice to three times a week at best.

I_W sounds like you're doing great good luck with your comp in July 😊

Great pb's going on here well done Gus, J and Cath! I'm still waiting for it to get easier so 🤞it's soon
Apr 2019
10:24pm, 24 Apr 2019
8,026 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I’m quiet on here too ATM. I’ve buggered my back deadlifting :-( long story short, I don’t think I was warmed up well enough and my PT ramped me straight up to PB weight in the 2nd set. Second rep in my back went :-(
That was a week ago and I haven’t been out of pain yet.

I’ve learned my lesson... and I will make sure my PT has too - when I can go back...
Apr 2019
11:13am, 25 Apr 2019
170 posts
  •  
Duracell
Hello hello hello!
I've not been here for ages as I was really struggling with doing ANYTHING due to my arthritic big toe and dorsal bunion. A very sexy injury ;)
Big toe fused and now walking reasonably normally.

Did some BW squats and some step ups - aiming to get started properly soon although lunges (both static and walking) will remain off limits for sometime I suspect.
Will have to amend bench as well for the time being so as to avoid pressure with the leg drive
I've put on yet more weight due to being immobile for nigh on 8 weeks so really important that I start addressing that too
May 2019
10:31pm, 12 May 2019
27,794 posts
  •  
Max71
I keep lurking here and not actually posting.....
May 2019
9:59am, 13 May 2019
8,042 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
Hey, Max :-) how are things with you? Please post - I’m sure you have loads to share :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
... a weights wire for women.

And in case you're wondering about that title, well, I like alliteration and one can be too po-faced about the use of girl/lady/woman.

Here's a strength standards for women thing Duracel found for us
strengthlevel.com

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.