Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Interval sessions for groups?

1 watcher
Mar 2012
10:49am, 1 Mar 2012
9815 posts
Yorkshire Pie
For relays split into two teams with a mix of abilities in each. Send half of each group down the road a bit, people run from where they start to to the others are - everyone gets a run, the two teams are evenly matched even if individual runners aren't, and no-one ends up too far away from anyone else because people are just going backwards and forwards along the same bit of road.
Mar 2012
11:01am, 1 Mar 2012
9959 posts
SODIron © 2002
timed repeats work well....I've used 'em in the past.

usual warm/up followed by skils n drills, then something like 2 x 4 x 3m:30s with 90s recovery (120s if they really nailing the effort) between repeats and 3-5 mins between sets (again depending on how hard they're working).
Mar 2012
11:03am, 1 Mar 2012
9960 posts
SODIron © 2002
I often use timed hill repeats....

warm/up, skills n drills, then 3 x 30s, 3 x 40s, 3 x 50s, 1 x 60s....and back down if they're still looking good....

Oh and don't forget w/d and post session stretches....
Mar 2012
12:43pm, 1 Mar 2012
11151 posts
DeeGee
Ruth's crocodile is always fun. We used to do those up our prom before I got serious.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by SouthendAl
Does anyone know any good interval type sessions that can be done successfully as a mixed ability gr...