Interval sessions for groups?

1 watcher
Mar 2012
10:49am, 1 Mar 2012
9,815 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
For relays split into two teams with a mix of abilities in each. Send half of each group down the road a bit, people run from where they start to to the others are - everyone gets a run, the two teams are evenly matched even if individual runners aren't, and no-one ends up too far away from anyone else because people are just going backwards and forwards along the same bit of road.
Mar 2012
11:01am, 1 Mar 2012
9,959 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
timed repeats work well....I've used 'em in the past.

usual warm/up followed by skils n drills, then something like 2 x 4 x 3m:30s with 90s recovery (120s if they really nailing the effort) between repeats and 3-5 mins between sets (again depending on how hard they're working).
Mar 2012
11:03am, 1 Mar 2012
9,960 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2002
I often use timed hill repeats....

warm/up, skills n drills, then 3 x 30s, 3 x 40s, 3 x 50s, 1 x 60s....and back down if they're still looking good....

Oh and don't forget w/d and post session stretches....
Mar 2012
12:43pm, 1 Mar 2012
11,151 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Ruth's crocodile is always fun. We used to do those up our prom before I got serious.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by SouthendAl
Does anyone know any good interval type sessions that can be done successfully as a mixed ability gr...