I have had to defer my place in VLM 2013 and I feel......

1 watcher
Mar 2013
10:44am, 17 Mar 2013
287 posts
  •  
Weasie
ANGRY - that i kept getting ill with two colds and a stomach bug since christmas, i couldn't get the training in. UPSET - when i read all the excited posts regarding fetchpoint etc. ANNOYED - at the wasted training, all those long cold runs when i could have stayed home in the warm. RELIEVED- the descision has finally been made.
Mar 2013
10:52am, 17 Mar 2013
7,025 posts
  •  
Mrs Winkle
Sorry to hear that - I missed two marathons last year so I know how you feel :(

You'll come back and do your next one even more determined than ever I'm sure :)
Mar 2013
11:17am, 17 Mar 2013
49 posts
  •  
Gary Fatbloke
Hi Weasie

Understandably you feel upset about having to defer, however don't look on the training runs as a negative. Just think of all the good things that the training has done to your body and health in general. You can run a smaller marathon later in the year knowing that you've still got next years London to look forward to.

Take the positive out of the negative!
Mar 2013
11:19am, 17 Mar 2013
3,631 posts
  •  
icemaiden
You've done the right thing. Re-assess, move on, plan something new.
Mar 2013
11:24am, 17 Mar 2013
288 posts
  •  
Weasie
Have booked Venice marathon in October, it is helping to ease the pain;-)
Mar 2013
4:58pm, 17 Mar 2013
47,731 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
If you feel relieved-then it was the right decision petal
an autumn mara sounds just the ticket
Mar 2013
8:33pm, 17 Mar 2013
2,455 posts
  •  
Jon_T
I'm deferring London as well, gutted not to be running, but injury has prevented any training for the past few weeks now, so waiting for MRI results and hoping to get back on the road in time to train for Abingdon, otherwise back for London next year. Good luck Weasie, but I'm sure you'll be ready for Venice, good luck.
Mar 2013
9:21am, 18 Mar 2013
73 posts
  •  
SeasiderSue
Hi, Weasie sorry to hear you have had to defer London and Jon T also. I have had to make the decision to defer my place too. I've had a really bad cold and chesty cough and its drained me. I missed two weeks training and since trying to pick it up again the energy levels are just not there. I fretted all last week about whether i could make it and on yesterdays long run i was scheduled to do 18 miles but only managed 13 and had to start walking at 9? I've now decided theres no point in struggling round but i'm gutted. I guess we have to think of the training done as ' mileage in the bank ' and pick something else to train for. Good luck to everyone who is still on target.:)
Mar 2013
9:37am, 18 Mar 2013
836 posts
  •  
Tarahumara
Defer due to lack of training because of injury or illness is a good call - just doesn't feel it at the time :-( Hope you all get better soon and enjoy training for your next target race. Weasie - Venice! Lovely :-)
Mar 2013
6:44pm, 18 Mar 2013
293 posts
  •  
Weasie
We are having a mini fetchie party in Venice if anyone else fancies it?

About This Thread

Maintained by Weasie
ANGRY - that i kept getting ill with two colds and a stomach bug since christmas, i couldn't get t...