I have had to defer my place in VLM 2013 and I feel......

1 watcher
Mar 2013
11:32am, 19 Mar 2013
121 posts
  •  
KingKenny72
Sorry to hear Weasie, I'm in the same boat with an annoying calf injury that won't fix. I've just missed Barcelona Marathon this weekend (still had a good time though) and will defer London...annoyed/frustrated yes as it's taken 5 years to get in but at least I know I have a place next year but will be very paranoid about injuries as that will be it and will have to start the whole ballot thing over again. Could go in fancy dress on crutches or something :-)

Never been to spectate either, so that will be an experience this year.

Plan now is to Try and get fit for Berlin, but will be resting for next 3-4 weeks to try and fix whatever is wrong with my calf.
Apr 2013
9:48am, 7 Apr 2013
40 posts
  •  
AngeM
I'll decide tomorrow after a physio appointment before work, if I should defer VLM 2013. I've been getting metatarsal pain for a few weeks which is getting worse now. TBH I feel like I should defer anyway, since feel like I'm holding back on my runs because I can feel the injury. I really wanted to go out on a high, maybe with a small PB, cos London was going to be my last marathon-I'm not a natural marathon runner, I think! So even if fizz says I could run and get through the race, I don't feel like I'd do myself justice....so really thinking of deferring anyway. Is that being silly?
Apr 2013
5:29pm, 10 Apr 2013
3,709 posts
  •  
CC2 Speedy Goth
I've deferred due a 'cold' that started on 21st March. I'm still coughing now. Most of the training was in the bag though, so I've entered Edinburgh as a consolation and I'm still going to London for the Fetch-fest!
Apr 2013
7:00am, 18 Apr 2013
861 posts
  •  
MattTheRat
I've deferred due to my bad back getting in the way of a decent block of training.

Quite relieved to have come down with a lurgy this week that would have stopped me running in any event.

Still kept the deferral form on screen for a few days before pressing the button though - first London Marathon I've missed since 2007.

Next stop Aningdon in October
Apr 2013
9:21pm, 18 Apr 2013
263 posts
  •  
RRR-CAZ
It is good to read this and see that I am not alone. Had to defer due to perounus longus strain and although I got round Paris taped up I really want to have a crack at VLM and not just get round! Good luck to you all forVLM 2014.
Apr 2013
10:50am, 20 Apr 2013
370 posts
  •  
TRUCKER
Feel bad this morning!! I had to defer due to a calf strain which is better now but i missed so much training so would have been doutful if i got round...what is the date of vlm 2014 good luck everyone tomorrow
Apr 2013
10:51am, 20 Apr 2013
371 posts
  •  
TRUCKER
Feel bad this morning!! I had to defer due to a calf strain which is better now but i missed so much training so would have been doutful if i got round...what is the date of vlm 2014 good luck everyone tomorrow

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Weasie
ANGRY - that i kept getting ill with two colds and a stomach bug since christmas, i couldn't get t...