Hey Fetchies how are you?

36 watchers
Apr 2020
8:16am, 28 Apr 2020
1,849 posts
  •  
PenW
I’m sorry to hear that too Scribbler. You’ve been waiting so long. I hope things move again soon when it’s possible.

I too am knackered.

And having a melt down on the MSc front. I’m still undecided as to whether to continue.

Session with personal trainer over zoom this morning. It always helps even though it completely knackers me (but in a good way).
May 2020
5:52pm, 8 May 2020
5,791 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
I’m a little down in the dumps today. Seeing neighbours in our close enjoying their VE celebration afternoon teas out in the front and not being able to join in.
May 2020
5:54pm, 8 May 2020
63,398 posts
  •  
swittle
A two-hour 'phone conversation with an old friend allowed us to recall good times and acts of friendship from up to 50 years ago.
May 2020
5:57pm, 8 May 2020
33,721 posts
  •  
Night-owl
I'm the same ER.
Though a little disappointed in the music choice
May 2020
8:06pm, 8 May 2020
4,889 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
Sorry you’re feeling down ER and night-owl. I feel very uncomfortable with the jingoism of the commemorations, so chose not to partake.

ER are you managing any kind of exercise in isolation?
May 2020
8:53pm, 8 May 2020
5,793 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Yes Scribbler, I’m doing at least thirty minutes a day of something (except today).

I do an aerobic type DVD three to four times a week, Pilates, and I use my turbo trainer two to three times a week. I’ll do forty minutes to an hour or more on the turbo. Probably more regular exercise than before lockdown.

I’m aware that if I don’t do something it can affect my mood, but today I think it was a case of envy, jealousy, frustration, call it what you want that I couldn’t take part.

And to be honest, we quite possibly wouldn’t have joined in even if we could have! It was a case of seeing others enjoying themselves in a way we couldn’t that rankled I think.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by TheScribbler
With so much going on at the moment that we can't control, and that might make us feel anxious, this thread is a place to let us know how you’re doing.

How to respond effectively to the Corona crisis by Dr Russ Harris drive.google.com thanks to PenW for the link

Support thread for parents with children off school here:
fetcheveryone.com/forum__61294__children_off_school_check_in_here_for_support
Thanks Purps