Hey Fetchies how are you?

36 watchers
Apr 2020
8:24pm, 17 Apr 2020
15,680 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I'm really achy after rather too much "gardening" again (it's landscaping at the moment really) running is happening more for my head than for fitness/training
Apr 2020
8:29pm, 17 Apr 2020
1,844 posts
  •  
PenW
Gardening is a tough workout! (For me anyway!)

Running for the head is just as important as running for fitness training.
Apr 2020
8:31pm, 17 Apr 2020
15,681 posts
  •  
Rosehip
It is :)

How are you Pen?
Apr 2020
8:36pm, 17 Apr 2020
16,477 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
hey
It's the weekend

How are you all doing?
Apr 2020
8:39pm, 17 Apr 2020
1,845 posts
  •  
PenW
I’m ok thanks Rosehip :-)

I’m so lucky really. I work part time and have everything I need. I’ve been walking a lot and getting out for exercise.

At work though I’ve been calling people (NHS) and some are scared, some have trouble getting stuff they need, some are struggling with their mental health. We help as best we can.
Apr 2020
12:07am, 18 Apr 2020
19,519 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Things plod along. I've also been feeling the effects of more gardening - such an upper body weakling! Creaking out of bed every day.
Apr 2020
3:59pm, 18 Apr 2020
4,841 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
Good to hear you’re still doing okay Pen. I think there will be a lot of people needing mental health help in future. I dread to think what some of the front-line workers are dealing with.

I’ve been getting through loads of work, but realised when doing yoga this week that I’m holding lots of tension in my upper and lower back, so I deliberately eased off everything on Friday - work, training, even cooking and I feel so much better for it today.
Apr 2020
4:36pm, 18 Apr 2020
1,846 posts
  •  
PenW
Good to hear from you Scribbler!

My body is creaking all over (particularly hip). All the walking I’m doing will be good in the long term but tough on my body right now!

I’m on call/at work tomorrow for staff support so will be checking in with some of the wards.
Apr 2020
4:49pm, 18 Apr 2020
530 posts
  •  
roberton
Nice idea to provide a place for people to checkin 👍

Personally I'm good. Can work from home ok, family all good, have access to nice space outside, appreciating the amazing weather we've been having. And the birdsong.

Not speculating about the future too much, that's my way of coping with that side of things.

As well as work itself I'm doing an online course with some of my colleagues that I'd been meaning to do... for about a year. So, positives there.

I'm getting in a decent amount of running, and small walks on the days I don't run. Dabbling in paddle-boarding. And I've decided to take up yoga (⚠️warning: may not last).

My daughter is a second-year nursing student and has volunteered to go to work in a local hospital. Appreciate lots of people have lots of concerns about how things are "on the front line" but she's really looking forward to it.

Hope most of you are all coping ok. And those that aren't in a great place, I hope things like this thread and the rest of FE can help a little.
Apr 2020
4:54pm, 18 Apr 2020
26,623 posts
  •  
HellsBells
Hi Pen, how are you?
I’m much better than I was. Daughter is now home, anxiety is dropping, finally getting some movement on the potential work front and my foodbank volunteering is increasing again.

About This Thread

Maintained by TheScribbler
With so much going on at the moment that we can't control, and that might make us feel anxious, this thread is a place to let us know how you’re doing.

How to respond effectively to the Corona crisis by Dr Russ Harris drive.google.com thanks to PenW for the link

Support thread for parents with children off school here:
fetcheveryone.com/forum__61294__children_off_school_check_in_here_for_support
Thanks Purps