Head torch...

5 watchers
Jan 2017
10:01am, 9 Jan 2017
2,839 posts
  •  
Bru-Bru
My only advice would be not to over-spec it. I have two, a Fenix monster I bought a few years ago which has 4 batteries in the battery pack on the back and various different long-short beam options which is dazzlingly bright and throws light a great distance. You can even get colour filters for it. It is comfortable and it works but, mostly, I just use a Petzl Tikka because it's much lighter and easier and I only need to carry two spare batteries, not four. On paper the Petzl is not so good as the Fenix as it does not have the same lumen count/range etc but, in the real world, I find minimal is best.
Jan 2017
3:15pm, 9 Jan 2017
5,964 posts
  •  
The_Saint
Good info about the Gamma 2 being more powerful alpkit.com
But as it is now £21, I'd be more tempted by the Qark alpkit.com
But then again you can get the Nitecore HC30 for the price of this
Jan 2017
6:54pm, 9 Jan 2017
421 posts
  •  
Strutbrother
I've had a Petzl Tikka XP2 for several years and love it. It's more than powerful enough for my general nighttime runs but was given a Petzl Reactik+ for Christmas which seems to be much brighter. I was initially concerned that a head torch would bounce around and be really annoying but I have to say that both my Petzls are a joy to wear and cause no inconvenience at all.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by LordWotsit
I have done a search for this but there doesn't seem to be any recent discussions.
I am in need of...