Head torch...

5 watchers
Jan 2017
1:47pm, 8 Jan 2017
22,095 posts
  •  
halfpint
Another vote for Alpkit. We have 2 venoms and a gamma. Mostly used for dog walking at the moment mind.
Jan 2017
1:53pm, 8 Jan 2017
14,554 posts
  •  
Gooner
Used alpkit on both Thunder run and Equinox and not let me down at all. Light and bright.
Jan 2017
1:55pm, 8 Jan 2017
5,067 posts
  •  
Winded
I recently broke my Alpkit Gamma - the lugs on the battery compartment snapped off. Interestingly this is what the reviews on their website say happens a lot. I've bought a venom to replace it and it is great so far. Even though it is a little underpowered for the dodgy paths around here I'd have got another game if they were in stock; it's a good compromise so the battery life is good.
Jan 2017
3:48pm, 8 Jan 2017
1,179 posts
  •  
StuHolmes
Another vote for Alpkit, although both headtorches I have are now discontinued (Muon & Arc)
Jan 2017
3:48pm, 8 Jan 2017
42,445 posts
  •  
swittle
Hope R2 head torch. Highly recommended by at least two Bob Graham Round winners - search Northern Exile's blog 3 Dec. 2016 for an appraisal.

Oh, and start saving!

hopetech.com
Jan 2017
4:13pm, 8 Jan 2017
5,961 posts
  •  
The_Saint
I wrote this after being asked by people in my club

sandomenico.uk
Jan 2017
5:24pm, 8 Jan 2017
7,545 posts
  •  
Schnecke
I've just bought a Light and Motion Vis360 - very bright head light for running, plus red light for the back of the headband. Rechargeable via USB. We recently tried some of these out at a club night, and I was so impressed with this one that I asked Santa to bring me one. My eyesight is deteriorating, and my night vision is awful, so I really needed something good and bright - I have clubmates who run off-road in the dark with these and find them very bright. You can adjust the brightness of the head light - I find a medium setting is OK around town - battery life is shortened on the brightest setting, but I believe will still last at least a couple of hours. I bought mine from a cycle store online, and got it a big cheaper = £87.99 rather than £99.99, so not cheap, but worth the expense for the feeling of security it provides!

cyclestore.co.uk
Jan 2017
5:37pm, 8 Jan 2017
1,211 posts
  •  
jdarun
The 12 quid jobs on ebay have worked well for me. Can upgrade batteries and charger as and when desired.
Jan 2017
5:45pm, 8 Jan 2017
510 posts
  •  
tonyp2604
I've got this. Bought it on holiday a couple of months ago, cost 38 euros. Excellent piece of kit.
navisafe.com
Jan 2017
5:46pm, 8 Jan 2017
1,582 posts
  •  
RunningInCircles
Like the Alpkit stuff. Have plenty laying around as they are dead handy.

180 lumens and the ability to go from sunset to sunrise without a battery change, then may I recommend the Spark SX5 spark-light.com Shipped from China, and kitted out with battery and charger for a much smaller sum than other bright head torches. Just a raise of the head and you can ensure car drivers dip their lights on the odd connecting road section :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by LordWotsit
I have done a search for this but there doesn't seem to be any recent discussions.
I am in need of...