BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Getting injured while running :-(

0 watcher
Aug 2011
1:24pm, 18 Aug 2011
13305 posts
flanker
I fall over regularly, and my knees are all scar tissue. I tend to do it on the flat bits, and I suppose it is when I switch off and pay no attention to where my feet are going.
Aug 2011
1:51pm, 18 Aug 2011
13839 posts
swittle
Ooo, sore point for me - literally! 5 minutes into my run, I tripped and crashed headlong into the pavement - not 10 yards away from where I'd performed the same stunt 4 or 5 years ago :-o

Paving's smooth and even but I don't pick my feet up, almost as if on castors. Grazed knee, elbow & hand & bruised shoulder :( Was going to return home but the red mist set in and I ran ten more miles, attracting some odd expressions on the way ;)
Aug 2011
6:25pm, 19 Aug 2011
25339 posts
Toks
yes mary brite, i will toughen up :-)

thanks for sharing all ur fallen and injury stories :-)

and yes ph, we runners need to be wrapped in bubble wrap for real ;-)

today, i fell stiff just walking around the house and my son insisted to be playing or poking my big bruise :-0 omg it hurts! ouch but i will survive

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Toks
While running my normal pace this morning, got into my stride, everything going so well and all of a...

Close