BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter
Getting injured while running :-(
1:24pm, 18 Aug 2011
flankerI fall over regularly, and my knees are all scar tissue. I tend to do it on the flat bits, and I suppose it is when I switch off and pay no attention to where my feet are going.
1:51pm, 18 Aug 2011
swittleOoo, sore point for me - literally! 5 minutes into my run, I tripped and crashed headlong into the pavement - not 10 yards away from where I'd performed the same stunt 4 or 5 years ago
Paving's smooth and even but I don't pick my feet up, almost as if on castors. Grazed knee, elbow & hand & bruised shoulder Was going to return home but the red mist set in and I ran ten more miles, attracting some odd expressions on the way
6:25pm, 19 Aug 2011
Toksyes mary brite, i will toughen up
thanks for sharing all ur fallen and injury stories
and yes ph, we runners need to be wrapped in bubble wrap for real
today, i fell stiff just walking around the house and my son insisted to be playing or poking my big bruise omg it hurts! ouch but i will survive
About This Thread
Maintained by Toks
- Urgent FETCHIE Advice needed please !!
- Falls during running
- FREE England Athletics Webinars
- FREE England Athletics Webinars - February 2021
- Anatomy in Motion
- The lets motivate each other to do our strength and core work thread...
- Gentle back stretching exercises
- Walking as injury prevention?
- How quickly do you lose running fitness?
- What kind of stuff can I do when a) I can't run and b) have no gym/pool access?