Gentle back stretching exercises

1 watcher
Aug 2019
8:33am, 31 Aug 2019
1,628 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
So 2.5 weeks ago I took a tumble down the stairs. I hit the bottom right of my back very hard. For 2 days I could not move under my own steam. Doctor gave me strong painkillers and told me that it was muscle injury and the way forward was to get moving, but it would take time.

I very slowly got moving and quite often I'd get this agonising pain that felt like I'd been stabbed with a burning hot knife (not exaggerating).

Now it's still a bit sore, but I can walk much easier. Actions that caused the agony previously now just feel a little tight and sore, but not too bad. Turning over in bed is still a challenge.

Left foot forward means I feel the pain a little, so I'd like to work on this. Bending is not too bad, so maybe I can work on that too.

Is it worth getting the physio? Don't know how long that will take to get an appointment though, so anyone got a link to gentle stretching exercises meanwhile?
jda
Aug 2019
10:54am, 31 Aug 2019
5,069 posts
  •  
jda
Mackenzie works for me (and apparently many others).

Eg the first google hit:
epainassist.com

But take it gently. I am not a physio.
Aug 2019
2:25pm, 31 Aug 2019
1,629 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Thanks I'll take a look.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RunningRonnie
So 2.5 weeks ago I took a tumble down the stairs. I hit the bottom right of my back very hard. For 2...