FREE England Athletics Webinars - February 2021

7 watchers
Feb 2021
1:54pm, 9 Feb 2021
349 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2012
Below are ALL the FREE England Athletics ENDURANCE Zoom sessions for February 2021. Feel free to register and / or share elsewhere. NOTE: If there are any specific topics that you would like England Athletics to present in future Zoom sessions please feel free to send me an fmail, email (dreevell@englandathletics.org), or post suggestions in the comments.

Date / Time: Saturday Feb 13, 2021 10:00 AM - Endurance - Self Myofascial Release for Endurance Athletes #1

In the first of the two part Self Myofascial Release for Endurance Athletes Neil Williams takes you through SMR techniques for the lower body, focusing on the foot, calves, quads, hamstrings, and glutes.

Grab yourself a mat, your rollers, and join in online. Or you can simply observe and take notes.
englandathletics-org.zoom.us

Date / Time: Saturday February 20, 2021 10AM - Endurance - Beat the Physio – Looking at injury prevention and common causes of injury

Physiotherapist Mike Wilsmore presents "Beat the Physio – Looking at injury prevention and common causes of injury".

Date / Time: Monday February 22, 2021 6PM - Endurance - Dr Amanda Wilding – Sports Psychology- The challenges for endurance in COVID

Dr Amanda Wilding – (Sports Psychology) - The challenges for endurance in COVID

Date / Time: Tuesday February 23, 2021 6:30PM - Marathon Programme: Professor Andrew Jones - Learning from Breaking2

In this webinar Professor Andrew Jones of the University of Exeter presents his experience and research as a consultant to the Breaking2 project and gives his advice on how coaches and runners can apply this learning.

Date / Time: Thursday February 25, 2021 6PM - Ultra Programme: Prof. Andrew Lane - Sports Psychology and Ultra Running

In this webinar Prof. Andrew Lane discusses the application of sports psychology in the field of ultra running and long endurance races.

Date / Time: Saturday February 27, 10AM - Let's Start With - #2 - Pitfalls, Communication, and Goal Setting

The second in a five webinar series where together we will explore the challenges facing new, and developing coaches / leaders who feel they may have identified talent in their local environment.

Date / Time: Saturday February 27, 2021 5PM - Steeplechase Programme - Helen Clitheroe interview with Hattie Archer

A chat with former British record holder and steeplechase international Hattie Archer PB 9.30.19.
Hattie has also had numerous GB vests over the cross country and now on the mountains.
Feb 2021
9:22am, 15 Feb 2021
361 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2012
SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT:

Another FREE England Athletics webinar that may be of interest to you. Physiotherapist Mike Wilsmore discusses "injury prevention and common causes of injury".

Sign-up below:👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
Feb 2021
11:08am, 15 Feb 2021
362 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2012
Just a quick note:

All webinars are recorded and are usually available to view on the Athletics Hub (see link below) around a week after they were aired live.

athleticshub.co.uk
Feb 2021
3:17pm, 20 Feb 2021
97 posts
  •  
compartmental
These look great, sad I missed the myofascial release one - will it be in the "Coaching Resources" bit of the Athletics Hub when it's uploaded or where?
Feb 2021
1:22pm, 25 Feb 2021
365 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2012
The webinars are uploaded to the Athletics Hub (athleticshub.co.uk) around a week after they were aired 'live'. Due to the sheer volume we are hosting at the moment there is a bit of a backlog.

If any webinar is not available on Athletics Hub within a week or so, please keep checking back. The team at EA are small, and are working hard to get through the backlog, and will get through them as quickly as they can.
Feb 2021
8:51am, 27 Feb 2021
19,844 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Where on the athletics hub should I be looking for the webinars? It's not somewhere I usually visit and I can't find them - assuming that they are on there yet, maybe they're not?
Feb 2021
10:51am, 27 Feb 2021
48,747 posts
  •  
McGoohan
As per Rosehip, I've had a look, but I can't find them.

I thought they might either be under the Online Courses or Coaching Resources on the left I've highlighted in yellow, but when you click through it doesn't go to the ones listed above.

Over on the right, highlighted in green is the Twitter feed which does mention some of the live Zoom seminars but when you click through on those they've finished (of course).
Feb 2021
3:41pm, 27 Feb 2021
369 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2012
Apoligies is there are any issues with the EA webiste, the comms team are a little inundated with the digital content and are making the odd error.

If there are any specific one's you've seen and are unable to get registered ping me an email ( dreevell@englandathletics.org ) and I'll sort it for you.

In the meantime, we have another one that I am pushing for next weekend.

If you suffer with Achilles issues then join England Athletics for a FREE webinar where physiotherapist Mike Wilsmore discusses achilles tendinopathy.

Feb 2021
4:22pm, 27 Feb 2021
371 posts
  •  
SODIron © 2012
For those who like to run a little longer...here is a FREE England Athletics that you all may be interested in :

In this webinar we have a question and answer session with LEJOG world record holder Carla Molinaro. We will be talking a little about training and racing in a multi-day ultra, as well as her recent race at the recent Hoka One One Project Carbon X 100k, and you will be able to post your questions direct to her.
Mar 2021
5:21pm, 2 Mar 2021
39,235 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Continued here ... fetcheveryone.com/forum/free-england-athletics-webinars-61845/

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Below are ALL the FREE England Athletics ENDURANCE Zoom sessions for February 2021. Feel free to reg...