Garmin software reset malfunction?

4 watchers
Aug 2022
2:17pm, 2 Aug 2022
763 posts
  •  
Shades
CK2 - I had similar thoughts and did have a look around. Corus would be my choice but this time I can replace my 45 for just over £100, so this time it will be Garmin again for me.

Watch behaved itself for this morning's run.
Aug 2022
8:30am, 20 Aug 2022
772 posts
  •  
Shades
Yesterday I accepted another update on my Garmin FR 45 and afterwards I was able to pair Garmin with phone. Haven't been able to pair them for a couple of weeks. Garmin behaved perfectly today and update to Garmin Connect quickly.

So maybe yesterday's update corrected what the previous update corrupted.
CK2
Aug 2022
8:39am, 20 Aug 2022
1,358 posts
  •  
CK2
Interesting. Thanks for letting us know Shades. I'll have a look.
Aug 2022
9:02am, 20 Aug 2022
774 posts
  •  
Shades
CK2 I was intending to buy another Garmin but might hold off for a while now.
Aug 2022
10:50am, 20 Aug 2022
165 posts
  •  
PeteFastFeet
Mine upgraded earlier this week and then couldn't get a GPS signal. The next day I reconnected it to the laptop express software and its fine now.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by CK2
Have any other Garmin owners had a software reset last night that has totally screwed up their watch? Both my watch and my husband’s watches (Forerunner 35s) had the update and now the watches aren’t working correctly. When trying to set intervals, they freeze. Turning off and on led to a lengthy restart and then an incorrect time, date and history with no way to change the date. Has anyone else been affected?