4 watchers
CK2
Jul 2022
10:13pm, 22 Jul 2022
1,310 posts
  •  
CK2
After complaining to Garmin, I received the following email:

‘Glad to assist you with a Forerunner 35, for the time and date gain GPS in an activity, once it shows GPS ready back out to the main screen, does the watch show the correct time?

Thank you for choosing Garmin,’

Nope. No idea.
Jul 2022
8:59am, 23 Jul 2022
757 posts
  •  
Shades
Mine is OK today and no need to plug watch into PC to get stats.
Aug 2022
4:05pm, 1 Aug 2022
759 posts
  •  
Shades
Well my Garmin is not right since this update. A few days ago I left it to charge and when I came back it had done a factory reset.
Redid my settings but it won't connect to phone despite numerous attempts, that's annoying but not essential.

Today it wouldn't work in Run mode and when I checked the settings on my PC the option for Run activity is shaded out and it won't let me select that option.
I did scout around a few forums and this problem has happened to others and not always been resolved.
I fiddled around with the settings and then managed to get it to work in GPS mode for my walk to the gym.

Anyway watch is nearly 3 years old, about usual time that I replace it so will do that.
Aug 2022
4:36pm, 1 Aug 2022
2,684 posts
  •  
PenW
My garmin (fenix 5s) started acting up a couple of weeks or so ago (possibly after software update) - freezing every now and then but then working ok. When I came on holiday a few days ago it lost power and now won’t recharge at all - it just stays with the empty battery symbol when I plug it in, the watch gets hot but it never charges. I’ve tried 2 different leads so it’s not the lead.

Anyone had anything like this?

It’s battery life had been gradually getting worse but nothing like this.

It’s nearly 5 years old.
Aug 2022
5:23pm, 1 Aug 2022
760 posts
  •  
Shades
PenW - that sounds like you might be shopping soon too. Maybe the battery has just died. Not sure if feasible to replace the battery or not.
Five years seems fairly good going really.
Aug 2022
5:26pm, 1 Aug 2022
2,685 posts
  •  
PenW
Yes was thinking it’s likely time to get a new one Shades.
Aug 2022
5:34pm, 1 Aug 2022
761 posts
  •  
Shades
PenW - we just get so used to using them on every run.

I'm going to order mine tomorrow, Amazon seems cheapest for the 45, not going to upgrade as I don't use all the add-ons on newer or more expensive models.
Aug 2022
6:43pm, 1 Aug 2022
2,686 posts
  •  
PenW
We certainly do!

I’m looking at the 245 - I run to heart rate quite often and the 45 or 55 don’t seem to be able to display that in the run (I was checking out comparisons).

Got to wait until I get home from France though. It’s weird being without garmin or a watch!
Aug 2022
7:14pm, 1 Aug 2022
762 posts
  •  
Shades
PenW - I run to HR every run. I've synced a chest strap to my 45 and have HR displayed on the screen as I run. You can set up the data screens to display whatever stats you want. For HR you can display actual HR or HR Zone whichever you prefer.

The 55 does the same.
CK2
Aug 2022
9:03pm, 1 Aug 2022
1,324 posts
  •  
CK2
I’m undecided whether to stick with Garmin if I change after this episode. I’m scouting alternatives.

About This Thread

Maintained by CK2
Have any other Garmin owners had a software reset last night that has totally screwed up their watch? Both my watch and my husband’s watches (Forerunner 35s) had the update and now the watches aren’t working correctly. When trying to set intervals, they freeze. Turning off and on led to a lengthy restart and then an incorrect time, date and history with no way to change the date. Has anyone else been affected?