Garmin connectivity issues

1 watcher
Jul 2017
5:31pm, 11 Jul 2017
2,714 posts
  •  
Irontubs
Please somebody help me before I launch my trusty Garmin out the window.

I cannot get it to connect by Bluetooth, Wifi or Ant stick, I am sure it is either user error or that the poor thing has lost the will to live after such a long 'rest' period but is driving me nuts

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app from my phone and turned the watch off and on again and followed all the online instructions for Bluetooth pairing, thought I'd try wifi but the watch didn't find any wifi. And all this before I even attempt to get it to sync with Fetch :-o

All suggestions gratefully received.
Jul 2017
9:46pm, 11 Jul 2017
2,214 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
What watch is it ?

Have you got Garmin Express running on a laptop/desktop PC ? If so, and you plug in your watch via the charging cable to a USB port on the PC, does it sync OK that way ?
Jul 2017
12:01pm, 12 Jul 2017
2,716 posts
  •  
Irontubs
It's a 920xt

Not tried with charging cable and won't be at pic until tomorrow. I did get it to sync with connect through my IPad
Jul 2017
6:48pm, 12 Jul 2017
2,215 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
You could have a scan through the DC Rainmaker in-depth review, especially the bits where he covers connecting to Garmin Express, and syncing etc

dcrainmaker.com

In the very brief look I had at that, it seems that the wifi has to be set up via Garmin Express, you can save 7 wifi accounts, but I don't think you can just search for wifi from the watch ( but I might have that wrong ! )

Good luck !!
Jul 2017
6:49pm, 12 Jul 2017
12,342 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Mine was playing up then I did a software update and it started working (I have a 910) but still taking longer than before to send data
Jul 2017
6:57pm, 12 Jul 2017
8,381 posts
  •  
Ness
I have a 235 and initially found the app on my phone worked well. I have since found that connecting it to my computer works quicker.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Irontubs
Please somebody help me before I launch my trusty Garmin out the window.

I cannot get it to conne...