Freibergs Disease

1 watcher
Feb 2014
10:38am, 15 Feb 2014
1,306 posts
  •  
Flibberty Jibbet
Hi
After pain in my 3rd metatarsal gradually becoming worse to the point where I can no longer run without pain I have been diagnosed with Freibergs disease and am awaiting an operation to debride, clean and smooth the bone. I wondered if anyone else had any experience of this? The cons mentioned partial joint replacement but he doesn't think it is advanced enough for that but will no better when he's opened my foot up :-(
Feb 2014
12:44pm, 15 Feb 2014
1,915 posts
  •  
Crooked-smile
Yikes! I have no experience of this (have never heard of it!) but just wanted to wish you the best with the op and recovery!
Feb 2014
3:26pm, 16 Feb 2014
1,307 posts
  •  
Flibberty Jibbet
Thank you
Am hoping not to have to wait too long and hoping that it doesn't take too long to recover!!
Feb 2014
6:35pm, 16 Feb 2014
5,479 posts
  •  
Ness
When I broke a metatarsal three years ago, I found that although I couldn't run I could cross train by weight training and using an exercise bike. It seemed to help me keep a reasonable level of fitness til I could run again. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Flibberty Jibbet
Hi
After pain in my 3rd metatarsal gradually becoming worse to the point where I can no longer run ...