Ankle Injury

2 watchers
Nov 2018
9:18am, 21 Nov 2018
1,475 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
So the other day, I went over my ankle - Again! It's very swollen and I can't put weight on it, can't really flex or twist it. Been doing the usual RICE treatment and I think it's slowly improving now. It happens so easily, and it's always the right ankle. The first time I did it, it was really bad and I was told then that it would heal weaker and happen again quite easily. Looks like that was right. It was just at the side of a road and I was walking along. My foot stepped half on the road and half off of it (just a bit of lawn at the side, not kerb) and I went down. Same thing happened just over a year ago on a similar bit of path when I was on my honeymoon.

Any advice on how to stop this from happening (apart from watching where I am going!)?
Nov 2018
5:05pm, 21 Nov 2018
18,910 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
When it's better, practice standing on 1 leg (you will wobble) eg every time you brush your teeth. When you can finish brushing your teeth on 1 leg, start closing your eyes, building up until you can stand on either leg, eyes shut and clean your teeth.
Nov 2018
5:25pm, 21 Nov 2018
18,911 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
https://youtu.be/k56ArpfMpK4
Nov 2018
5:36pm, 21 Nov 2018
181 posts
  •  
falcarius
Things like skipping rope and wobble board. Also making sure the other main leg muscle are strong helps, as quadriceps and hamstrings act like absorbers to a degree and can take the impact from ankle.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RunningRonnie
So the other day, I went over my ankle - Again! It's very swollen and I can't put weight o...