FOOTBALL

159 watchers
Dec 2017
12:11pm, 1 Dec 2017
17,106 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
It's now December:-

Sorry to bang on, a very average Arsenal team, not playing well and possibly falling apart, 4th, the best Spurs team of any generation plus a genius manager/coach, and the Messiah playing up front, 7th, behind Burnley.

I got lots of stick from Sp*rs people last year. Now they know how difficult 4th place AND champions league is.
Dec 2017
12:19pm, 1 Dec 2017
14,126 posts
  •  
Fenners
Totally agree about being competitive on both fronts. Perhaps in recent times only Arsenal United and Chelsea have managed that successfully.

Not being in European competition helps premiership performance enormously.
Dec 2017
12:49pm, 1 Dec 2017
8,280 posts
  •  
Joopsy
It's ok to keep banging on WS, just don't keep saying sorry because you're clearly not. If you were sorry you wouldn't keep repeating it.

I have no affinity with Spurs and I've always found amusement in their ability to screw anything up, that said I do think they will come good again.
Dec 2017
1:18pm, 1 Dec 2017
14,127 posts
  •  
Fenners
Back in the mid-eighties I liked Spurs, Mabbutt, Thomas, Hoddle, Waddle, Ardiles and (C) Allen. A very likeable and skilful team.
Dec 2017
1:42pm, 1 Dec 2017
14,858 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Spurs: win Champions League and finish fifth or sixth in England. Fans of certain teams would claim that as an abject failure - especially fans of teams who finished third or fourth.

(Sorry before, mr d; whoosh, indeed. I'd thought it was just what a Red might have written ;-).)
Dec 2017
2:03pm, 1 Dec 2017
14,128 posts
  •  
Fenners
Winning the Champions League nowadays is one hell of an achievement, and one, which I believe is beyond all English clubs.
Dec 2017
2:07pm, 1 Dec 2017
15,755 posts
  •  
TRO Toddslayer
World Cup draw in an hour. Which 3 lucky teams will get our bunch of hapless, hopeless tactically inept losers in their Group and be as good as halfway to the knockout phase?

I'm quivering with excitement....;-)
Dec 2017
3:07pm, 1 Dec 2017
14,860 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Gingers crossed for Iceland ;-)
Dec 2017
3:33pm, 1 Dec 2017
17,109 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
The Spurs team I most disliked, but had to admit were good, was the Hoddle/Archibald/Crooks one, they kept beating us, last time they did with any regularity.

the England games back int he 70s and 80s because you could just walk up o
Spurs will not win the Champions league.

Using the word sorry was to emphasize the fact that I am not, and will most probably continue to use it.

Sorry.

I find that I am just not interested in the England team at all. I still find that odd as I used to go to an awful ot of England games back in the 70s,80s and even early 90s as I could walk up to the stadium and buy a ticket.

I read England might get Germany, that would make a good group.
Dec 2017
3:52pm, 1 Dec 2017
15,756 posts
  •  
TRO Toddslayer
Belgium, England, XXX, YYYY so far

About This Thread

Maintained by Diogenes
Ah, the beautiful game, remember that? Let's put down some jumpers and have a socially-distanced kickabout. Long shots only, and no hugging and kissing.