We don't hide behind a paywall!

Log and analyse training, find events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more.
Join Fetcheveryone

Fetch Musicians

49 watchers
Aug 2021
11:17pm, 3 Aug 2021
8024 posts
  •  
  •  
Alice the Camel
Fabulous! Hope you enjoyed it Nick.
Oct 2021
10:50am, 10 Oct 2021
2679 posts
  •  
  •  
Groundhog
Nick, when the Windlesham pairs relay is on they always have a chap playing saxophone during the event. He plays for about 2 hours
Dec 2021
4:56pm, 28 Dec 2021
8347 posts
  •  
  •  
Eynsham Red
I’ve just started to learn to play the bass guitar. My daughter has one which she’d not used for ages, and my wife suggested that I might borrow it to learn, as apparently I often hum along to the bass line on a tune when played on the radio.
I’ve got an 8 week course book to get me started.
I’m very used to standard electric and acoustic guitars, but the fret spacing and neck length will need a good deal of practise to adjust to.
It’s a nice light instrument so hopefully won’t cause me any back problems.
Nice to have a new challenge.
Dec 2021
6:45pm, 28 Dec 2021
16428 posts
  •  
  •  
Garfield
:) I've been relearning piano...it's maddening to massacre things I used to be able to play well. ;)
Dec 2021
7:11pm, 28 Dec 2021
25973 posts
  •  
  •  
Lizzie Whizz
I had fun playing the melody line of Kate Rusby Christmas songs on the piano yesterday: listened to get the first note, then fiddled around. She sings in some tricky keys!
T10 passed his Grade 1 Cornet and enjoyed performing :-)

I need to think up some music playlists for him to listen to.
Dec 2021
7:48pm, 28 Dec 2021
9202 posts
  •  
  •  
Alice Navidad
A query that maybe someone on here can help with!

I play with a symphonic windband and am thinking about digitalising my many pieces of sheet music and using my iPad for rehearsals. At the moment, music is sent out via OneDrive which I download and print off.
Do I need an app to store music or will DropBox do?
Would a pedal page turner work with DropBox?

Any help/advice much appreciated! Thank you.
Dec 2021
10:52pm, 28 Dec 2021
5201 posts
  •  
  •  
Little Saint Pothunter
Alice the Camel I’ve not used it myself but a few people I’ve spoken to swear by Forscore.
Dec 2021
8:36am, 29 Dec 2021
9210 posts
  •  
  •  
Alice Navidad
Pothunter Thanks, I’ve heard of ForScore. I don’t know anyone who uses it though so was hoping for some advice before I spend money :-)
Dec 2021
9:52am, 29 Dec 2021
182 posts
  •  
  •  
GetOutTheDoor
A harpist friend uses forscore for everything. Makes annotating her music easy. Plus you can hugely improve legibility of parts. I'm planning on getting this eventually.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by RunnyBunny
A thread for musicians - all instruments, all abilities. Here's a link to our lockdown band video, arranged and sorted out by the very talented EdJ
https://youtu.be/D_fVaVXKOIo