Fetch Climbing Club

30 watchers
Nov 2015
11:06am, 2 Nov 2015
10,037 posts
  •  
Mikuro
Managed a V3 red and a wooden holds route on Friday. Chuffed to bits. :)
Nov 2015
4:09pm, 2 Nov 2015
20,172 posts
  •  
halfpint
I'm not sure I understand the grading but all sounds great Mikuro.

I have not been to the wall for about 2.5 weeks - between holidays, illness and 'one of those weeks' it's been difficult. QP has his class tonight so I'll get an hour and half child free climb time :)
Nov 2015
4:29pm, 2 Nov 2015
391 posts
  •  
Blade Shunner
First time bouldering in 4+ years today. All low graded stuff but good fun.
Nov 2015
4:32pm, 2 Nov 2015
10,038 posts
  •  
Mikuro
Depends on how your wall grades their routes, annoyingly everyone does it slightly different and what you can do at one grade at one wall you can't at another. Oh well! Here's one of the many tables that you can find online: en.wikipedia.org - V3 comes out around a 6a/6a+/6B in Font grading. :)

Good job Blade!
Nov 2015
5:55pm, 2 Nov 2015
20,173 posts
  •  
halfpint
Ah now our wall uses the Font one then. That's good climbing 😊
Nov 2015
8:43pm, 2 Nov 2015
20,175 posts
  •  
halfpint
I really need to get beyond feeling self conscious about how shit I am. There are so many amazing climbers at our wall. I feel totally inadequate. Too much time away is not helping.
Nov 2015
9:35pm, 2 Nov 2015
19,990 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
halfpint - we are ALL every degree of shit!
The thing about climbing is that no matter how much you do, or how much you improve, there will always be someone better.
And the more you do and the more you improve, the more you realise how much you *don't* know and *can't* do.
Just keep working on your identified weaknesses (You SO know what they are) and you'll suddenly find you are a great deal less shit than you were before :)
Nov 2015
10:00pm, 2 Nov 2015
10,040 posts
  •  
Mikuro
What bee said. I've only started feeling less shit recently and there's still loads I can't do and feel like everyone is better than me! Keep it regular and you'll see improvement soon. Keep trying those problems you can't do. You'll get there. Have a look around at the really new climbers and you'll see how far you've come. I only realised when someone brought with someone who'd never really climbed before and she couldn't do the easiest ones. It really hit home for me how much better I've got in this year. Focus on what you can do!
Nov 2015
10:08pm, 2 Nov 2015
20,176 posts
  •  
halfpint
Wise words v'rap. I am definitely at the consciously incompetent phase. I have improved significantly since we started though, and more confident. An off night tonight after time out and with too much on my mind.
Nov 2015
10:36pm, 2 Nov 2015
10,041 posts
  •  
Mikuro
I feel that. We all have off nights. There's days I go I can't do stuff I've done before. But it's all good work. Best way to improve is just time at the wall. Enjoy climbing just for climbing on those off nights. :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Mikuro
Want to chat to fellow climbers on here since that seems to be my current love rather than running.....