Fetch Climbing Club

1 lurker | 30 watchers
Sep 2015
6:34pm, 22 Sep 2015
10,016 posts
  •  
Mikuro
Want to chat to fellow climbers on here since that seems to be my current love rather than running....now running to improve my climbing!!

I currently climb 'trad' outdoors and boulder indoors and I bloody love it.

Anyone else? :)
Sep 2015
6:37pm, 22 Sep 2015
20,053 posts
  •  
halfpint
Try here: m.fetcheveryone.com

I am also in love with climbing. Primarily indoors bouldering.
Sep 2015
6:42pm, 22 Sep 2015
10,017 posts
  •  
Mikuro
Hellooooo. Drills you say? Well there are loads of good books out there and dvds for technique. But for finger strength you can start with the fingerboards at the wall and try pull ups on the easiest holds. You can also try the campus boards, try hanging on your fingers for 10 sec intervals. General pull ups and chin ups are great too, I got a cheap over the door bar for home. :)
Sep 2015
9:13pm, 22 Sep 2015
20,054 posts
  •  
halfpint
Been thinking of a door bar. My son hangs from his cabin bed for practice but I think a bar might be better. Anything specific for foot work?
Sep 2015
10:46am, 23 Sep 2015
10,018 posts
  •  
Mikuro
You can try at the wall to make you own routes up using the smallest foot holds and 'quiet feet' - precise foot placement is pretty silent! Watch the good climbers and how daintily they go up the routes. Think about your feet as you place them and keep thinking about them as you are climbing - often mine pop off when I am not paying attention to them.

On a side note the womens climbing symposium is in a few weeks and they have coaching - particularly one on footwork I am going to! If you can't get to that when see if your wall has free coaching one night in the week as they often do and ask one of the staff to give you some pointers. :)

Was out at Harrogate wall last night doing indoor top rope, I've not done that in about 2 years and had no idea at what level I'd be at. Comfortably topped out a 6a+ and attemped a 6b - pretty pleased with that!!
Sep 2015
10:48am, 23 Sep 2015
10,019 posts
  •  
Mikuro
I made a group :) >>>>
Sep 2015
7:32am, 24 Sep 2015
20,059 posts
  •  
halfpint
I've watched the good, experienced climbers and marvelled at how balletic they seem. I feel like I crash about in a haphazard way sometimes. I have been trying some silent traversing and doing easier problems but thinking about foot placement more.

There are some great staff who are helpful and another climber who is always there and very good.

Well done on your climb. I haven't done a roped climb in well over a year. I haven't found myself a buddy since we moved. I must be braver about asking people. 6b is awesome. Where is your symposium?
Sep 2015
1:14pm, 24 Sep 2015
10,020 posts
  •  
Mikuro
The symposium is the 17th October in Sheffield 😀 womensclimbingsymposium.com

Yea I feel like an elephant on the wall haha. I got my climbing buddies just chatting lots and suggesting going for a roped sesh. Also joined the local mountaineering club!
Sep 2015
1:35pm, 24 Sep 2015
19,973 posts
  •  
eL Bee!
halfpint - it is really worth doing a skills session with someone. There are a number of moves and techniques which you may not have thought of, and once you know them and have practised them in context, they are always there as options.
But as with everything, you often don't know what you don't know!
Sep 2015
2:17pm, 24 Sep 2015
20,062 posts
  •  
halfpint
QP does a class once a week so I might ask around and see if there is someone I can get a coaching session from as well.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mikuro
Want to chat to fellow climbers on here since that seems to be my current love rather than running.....