Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Fast or Slow - Lots or Little?

2 watchers
May 2012
3:00pm, 31 May 2012
320 posts
Fat Jase
Guys i've been away from running for a while now but have just started again but getting very confussed. Some articles say do less running and faster, some say run slower but more. Which is best and why??? I need some help!!!
May 2012
3:07pm, 31 May 2012
47524 posts
Puddington
It really greatly depends on what you want to get out of your running. And it will involve a mixture :-)

Someone with some smarts will be along shortly, no doubt...
May 2012
3:08pm, 31 May 2012
476 posts
Kenny_Boy
With a 1:40 half mara PB, whatever you used to do is fine.

Running has not changed... It's still lots of uninformed opinion dressed up as science!!
May 2012
3:10pm, 31 May 2012
5298 posts
Dvorak
And it very much depends on where you are running-wise at the moment. Assuming you have a bit of base fitness, 3-4 times a week easy going to start?
May 2012
3:12pm, 31 May 2012
2560 posts
daviec
If you don't have time for lots of running then do whatever you want. If you're going to do lots of running, then mostly slow so you can handle the load, with some faster stuff when you're ready for it.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Fat Jase
Guys i've been away from running for a while now but have just started again but getting very confu...

Close