BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

'Easy Interval Method'

13 watchers
J2R
11 Mar
4:43pm, 11 Mar 2021
3460 posts
  •  
J2R
SailorSteve, I wouldn't really dispute what you say there. There's certainly no easy way of getting fast without putting the miles in, and I would even say that until you get to c35+mpw, you're probably not going to make the most of any speedwork you do. I'm certainly a big fan of doing the vast majority of my runs easy (I have a followed a polarised training approach for a few years now). What intrigues me about this 'Easy Interval Method' is that the interval sessions he talks about are, in effect, easy runs - same overall pace, same mileage, same non-knackered feeling at the end - just done a different way.

The guy doesn't rule out long runs, incidentally, they're a fundamental part of the programme, particularly for HM and marathon distance. He just advocates that you throw in 'surges' of 30 seconds or so every 6-7 minutes, to vary pacing and avoid deadening your legs. The intervals are more a replacement for day to day steady easy runs.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by J2R
Has anyone on here explored the 'Easy Interval Method', as outlined in this book - https:/...