Drat. Ive been told not to run.

1 watcher
Sep 2012
5:15pm, 1 Sep 2012
50 posts
  •  
longwayround
I've been loving running and been careful to ensure that I take rest days, build up kilometrage gradually, stretch, etc. About three weeks ago, after running down a rather stony French slope, I felt a slight soreness roughly where my right leg meets my groin. The soreness was slight and I thought it might go away. After a couple more short runs and a rather uncomfortably long stroll around Versailles (that place is huge!), it was evident that it was going nowhere.

To cut a long story medium, I popped in to Sweatshop for the free injury advice and, after a bit of a play with an Olympic Torch (nice piece of kit, would look fabulous on a Christmas tree), was booked in for a physio appointment and told to limit my running to walking backwards on a treadmill.

I'm not too worried about my Preston 10K entry, as I recognise that, if I'm not fit to run by the end of the month then other 10K races will be available and it's better to avoid causing myself more harm. I'm also not too worried about fitness as I've had my stolen bike replaced with a splendidly nice new one. I'm just miffed.
Sep 2012
5:49pm, 1 Sep 2012
12,164 posts
  •  
MissChappo
It's annoying but you're doing the right thing.
Sep 2012
9:49pm, 3 Sep 2012
2,522 posts
  •  
heebiejeebie
It is frustrating, but you know you need to let it get better.
Sep 2012
9:29pm, 4 Sep 2012
55 posts
  •  
longwayround
Physio reckons my right pelvis has rotated and has given me a number of exercises to do to help. I feel thoroughly prodded and tweaked right now!
Sep 2012
9:35pm, 4 Sep 2012
18,809 posts
  •  
Maclennane
You have more than one pelvis? I'd ask for a second opinion.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Longwayround [LWR]
I've been loving running and been careful to ensure that I take rest days, build up kilometrage gra...