Groin strain?

1 watcher
Dec 2013
8:51pm, 26 Dec 2013
238 posts
  •  
LindsD
I've done myself a mischief, and I'm not sure whether it's a groin strain or what. So consequently I don't know what to do about it.It doesn't hurt when I run, perversely, but when I do certain movements at home. The pain is sometimes in my left groin, and sometimes on the outside of my thigh.

It hurts when I open or close my legs, so like moving the knee from the mid=line anywhere outside of that, iyswim.

I first noticed it after the GSR, when I couldn't lift my leg without lifting it with my arm but it went after a night's sleep. Now I have acute pain when moving my knee outwards.
Dec 2013
8:57pm, 26 Dec 2013
6,259 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Start thinking glute area.....thats been the cause of mt groin issues
Dec 2013
9:30pm, 27 Dec 2013
182 posts
  •  
oi you
Well, I'm not an expert, but I'll have a look if you like.

No. Oh well.
If it's painful enough to interfere with real life, get to your GP before too long. If it's just affecting running/other exercise then rest it for a while to see if it eases, then GP if it doesn't.
The alternative is go to Sports physio.
Dec 2013
4:02pm, 28 Dec 2013
242 posts
  •  
LindsD
Thank you! Strangely it doesn't interfere with running but it does with real life. Someone bumped into me on the tube today and wrenched it and I thought I was going to faint.

How do I find a good sports physio? My old one gave up.
Dec 2013
4:03pm, 28 Dec 2013
6,261 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
I ignored my groin pain for too long, it didnt interfere with running, then it did, then I could barely walk.

Good physios like gold dust, best to ask for recommendations IMO
Dec 2013
4:51pm, 28 Dec 2013
244 posts
  •  
LindsD
Ah. Thanks. *starts looking for physio*
Dec 2013
11:26pm, 28 Dec 2013
184 posts
  •  
oi you
How to find a good physio - a good question. My Mrs. (or Tina as she likes to be called) has visited quite a few in our area over the years with very mixed results. Her best choice so far was to go to someone working at the County Cricket ground. The logic was that if they're getting good results good results with professional sportsmen they'll be good for the rest of us. And indeed they are. But that comes at a price and a fuller diary.
If you don't get any firm recommendations, try looking at nearby professional sports teams - football or cricket etc.
Dec 2013
11:36pm, 28 Dec 2013
2,082 posts
  •  
Evangel
LindsD, a sports club like football or cricket is a good suggestion, but I wonder if you could ask at your nearest Running or Athletics Club for personal recommendations. Incidentally, I have also got a groin injury which I think was caused by over-stretching in Speed Work. So I have been consciously keeping my paces a little shorter to avoid any more strain - it has improved but it's still there!
Dec 2013
12:13pm, 29 Dec 2013
247 posts
  •  
LindsD
Those are great ideas. Thank you very much. I did once ask at the local running club but drew a blank. Apparently they are never injured....

And thanks for the tip, Evangel.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
I've done myself a mischief, and I'm not sure whether it's a groin strain or what. So consequentl...