BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Dear Scottish Fetchies

57 watchers
26 Feb
7:46pm, 26 Feb 2021
19060 posts
Bazoaxe
Lead article in the Scotland section of the Times:

'Covid in Scotland: Hospital admissions plummet as vaccines take effect'
26 Feb
7:59pm, 26 Feb 2021
2247 posts
JRitchie
Yay. Campervan and west coast campsite hire for mid June may still be a go.
27 Feb
12:01pm, 27 Feb 2021
2119 posts
Surelynot
Sarwar elected Labour leader. First Muslim leader of a political party in the UK.
27 Feb
1:26pm, 27 Feb 2021
19063 posts
Bazoaxe
I didnt really follow the Labour Leadership contest so not sure if this will be good or not for their future.

I watched some of inquiry yesterday and I thought Salmond came across very well while most of the MSPs came across as being not really up to the job. ACH started out very poorly although he later came across a bit better.

It does appear that he has no real evidence against Sturgeon(*) but he has his suspicions. He does appear to have evidence against other people which he is not allowed to share which I find disappointing. He also seems to believe some of the evidence he doesnt have due to legal privilidge would be key evidence.

I suspect the outcome will be that the committee couldnt find anything, but there is a chance that Murrell and Evans might lose their jobs or resign. There does appear to have been some funny business going on around the new policy drafting and the accusations that were coming to light. I do find it hard to believe that no one ever brought these to Sturgeons attention though.

(*) The one exception being the 29th March meeting with Aberdein where Sturgeon has conveniently forgotten.
27 Feb
3:47pm, 27 Feb 2021
2120 posts
Surelynot
Well-played Baz. Post about Labour and first ever Muslim party leader gets SNP spin. 😀
27 Feb
3:52pm, 27 Feb 2021
2121 posts
Surelynot
This was interesting on some of the legal background to what can and cannot be disclosed twitter.com
27 Feb
3:54pm, 27 Feb 2021
19065 posts
Bazoaxe
Well you know what they say about the dangers of discussing religion and politics so I thought I would avoid both topics for something safer ;-)

I will be honest and sarwars religion didn’t ever occur to me. If he is the right leader then that’s what is important.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by ChrisHB
There's some charlatan with a Scottish name talking in London today, urging us down here to persuad...

Close