Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Cooper Test

5 watchers
JT
28 Jun
10:51pm, 28 Jun 2020
16 posts
JT
Apologies for picking up this thread but gave the Cooper Test a go today. 12 mind of all out effort. Managed exactly 3k which is pretty good but not happy as I am seeking that 20 minute 5k and I nearly died after 3 at the perfect pace. I did set off way too fast. Will try again in a couple of weeks. Anyone got any Cooper test advice, stories or no of any other worthy fitness tests to help the training?
29 Jun
12:47am, 29 Jun 2020
18680 posts
Angus Clydesdale
Wow! Blast from the past.

We’ve just done a Cooper test last week with my young lad as part of his Nat5 PE benchmarking.

I’ll be back in the morning but, meanwhile, how old are you JT?
JT
29 Jun
10:49am, 29 Jun 2020
19 posts
JT
42 years young. Been running about 5 years and just about getting back to my best following 12 weeks of lockdown!
29 Jun
12:04pm, 29 Jun 2020
6513 posts
The_Saint
What are you looking for the Cooper test to do that a 5k race time doesn't?

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by GeneHunt59
Am seeking opinions of those who have undertaken the Cooper Test - i.e. run as far as you can in 12 ...

Close