considerest not the beam

2 watchers
Oct 2012
9:49pm, 25 Oct 2012
63,326 posts
  •  
GregP
I did a course on Amos once. Rather suspect Helegant did too.
Oct 2012
6:50pm, 26 Oct 2012
761 posts
  •  
Helegant
.... might have done ... ;-)
Oct 2012
10:44pm, 26 Oct 2012
305 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Any good? I don't think I know anything about Amos .....
Oct 2012
6:26am, 27 Oct 2012
63,356 posts
  •  
GregP
All the minor prophets are good, and the bold are short enough to read all the way through. You may be surprised how much 'we'll known' stuff is in there. Micah gives us this for example, which I suspect many know and few can source:

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting". (Micah 2:2)
Oct 2012
7:02pm, 28 Oct 2012
307 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Oh, I know Micah... But know him individually not grouped him with Amos - my bible knowledge is clearly lacking.
Oct 2012
7:03pm, 28 Oct 2012
308 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Is this your day job and the cycling your non-work interest (I daren't say 'hobby' when referring to cyclists and cycling)?
Jan 2013
12:49pm, 26 Jan 2013
64,903 posts
  •  
GregP
Can't see this email? Please click here. To ensure our emails reach your inbox, please add waitrose@em.waitrose.com to your email address book.

Dear Mr Potts,

I wanted to write to you following a number of reports in the media over the past few days about Waitrose frozen beef burgers being withdrawn from sale. It can be alarming to see stories like this hitting the headlines and so I wanted to ensure that you have full details about the current situation.

The frozen burgers are produced on our behalf by a company called Dalepak. They are made to an exacting specification using high quality British beef, from farmers we know and trust.

The Waitrose technical team have visited Dalepak and after a thorough review, reported that the burgers were produced to our high specification and separately from other companies products. As a further precaution, the ingredients were sent for testing and this showed that our burgers contained only 100% beef.

So why did we feel it necessary to withdraw the burgers? Last week the British Retail Consortium took the decision to temporarily suspend their accreditation of the Dalepak site and as a result, we took the frozen burgers off sale. The BRC have now reinstated the accreditation and as a result of this, Waitrose frozen burgers are now back on sale.

I realise this is a rather long letter, and thank you for your time reading it, but I wanted you to know as a very valued customer that you can always rely on Waitrose quality. As you are probably aware, whether it be in fresh, frozen or in a ready meal, Waitrose use the same high quality British beef from farmers we know and trust.

Should you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at 0800 188884

Yours sincerely

Mark Price
Managing Director, Waitrose Ltd

This email was sent to: greg@gregandsusan.co.uk
Unsubscribe: If you do not want to be contacted by Waitrose in the future please unsubscribe here
Waitrose Ltd. Registered in England 99405. Registered Office: 171 Victoria Street, London, UK, SW1E 5NN
Jan 2013
12:55pm, 26 Jan 2013
16,837 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I sent a letter to Nabisco once. I wanted to know what it was that held Weetabix biscuits together.
Jan 2013
12:58pm, 26 Jan 2013
16,840 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I was a bit worried it might have petro-chemical origins - like something Union Carbide would produce. My fears were unfounded.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP
Matthew 7

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?