Clicking above my heel/lower calf

1 watcher
Mar 2017
9:10am, 18 Mar 2017
7,981 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Morning fetchies.

I've developed a 'click' in my right leg just above my heel /very low calf.

It seems ok on the flat but noticeable going downstairs.

I've struggled with tight calves the past couple of weeks and I've been stretching them and they've not given me too much trouble until this happened today.

Any ideas? I'm suspecting it's my Achilles but not 100% sure?

I have a foam roller (but admit I've not been using it) other than doing some stretches and rollering any ideas what I can do to help it?

Thanks muchly
Mar 2017
9:52am, 18 Mar 2017
8,227 posts
  •  
Badger
I've had that from time to time and assumed it was something going on in the Achilles. I've taken the running easy and done gentle stretching and rollering and it has gone away in the past.
Mar 2017
11:30am, 18 Mar 2017
7,982 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Thanks badger I'll get back to rollering
Mar 2017
11:49am, 18 Mar 2017
508 posts
  •  
SailorSteve
Hi geordie, I think I may have the same thing. I have suffered from v painful Achilles in the past (c18 months ago). I was advised to do heel drops which I did and over a couple of weeks and the pain disappeared but I also developed the occasional "clicking". I imagined that this is friction between the tendon and the sheath that it is contained within. I have maintained the heel drops as part of my stretching routine and not suffered pain since. However the "clicking" comes and goes and I take it as a sign that I need to do more heel drops and it goes away again. Hope that's all it is!
SM6
Mar 2017
12:01pm, 18 Mar 2017
823 posts
  •  
SM6
I'd go and see a doctor or physio. Sounds similar to what I have, and it's currently a neverending issue.
Mar 2017
3:33pm, 19 Mar 2017
7,983 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Thanks for the replies everyone, the clicking has eased off and I'm back doing stretches properly. I'll get the heel drops back in my routine and fingers crossed it will ease off.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by geordiegirl
Morning fetchies.

I've developed a 'click' in my right leg just above my heel /very low calf....