Running backwards again...

1 watcher
Oct 2021
3:07pm, 3 Oct 2021
6 posts
  •  
EuanB
Hi all,

First up, hope everyone who took part in the big marathon today got round, enjoyed the run and... maybe... got a PB!

When I say 'big marathon' I'm referring, of course, to the Loch Ness Marathon, although I think there was one down south too, if I'm not mistaken? I suspect the scenery of the one down south doesn't compete with Loch Ness though - it's fabulous. I did it in 2010 and will not hesitate to recommend it. As for me today, Mr Parky decided to give me a sore tight right calf muscle this morning but I still managed about 3.3 miles at roughly 10mins/mile. And that was alternating: 1 min forward run, 1 min fast walk, 1 min backwards run, 1 min fast walk (forwards) - and repeat. I think I need a rear view mirror.

As for my marathon, it's scheduled for late May 2022 (Edinburgh Marathon) so it's still a while before I need to think about a running programme leading to it. Have a good weekend everyone, what's left of it anyway...!

Euan

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by EuanB
Hi all,

First up, hope everyone who took part in the big marathon today got round, enjoyed the run and... maybe... got a PB!

When I say 'big marathon' I'm referring, of course, to the Loch Ness Marathon, although I think there was one down south too, if I'm not mistaken? I suspect the scenery of the one down south doesn't compete with Loch Ness though - it's fabulous. I did it in 2010 and will not hesitate to recommend it. As for me today, Mr Parky decided to ...