BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Barefoot running

16 watchers
Oct 2020
6:05am, 21 Oct 2020
2026 posts
BarefootEm
No, it's nice, in the right consistency and not too cold. Cold mud is really horrible!

Sand is even better though... Damp, firm sand, not dry gritty stuff - that's just hard to run on!
1 Feb
6:52pm, 1 Feb 2021
1962 posts
cackleberry
I've been for a flip flop run, mostly tarmac, but a short stretch of frosty mud! Weird pain but soon warmed up again. Totally expected.

Question - what about grip? My Xero sandles do have a texture but no actual tread.

Is it just a case of go slow and practice on the mud?
1 Feb
6:55pm, 1 Feb 2021
1963 posts
cackleberry
I have mucky feet now 😊
15 Feb
11:08am, 15 Feb 2021
1981 posts
cackleberry
Next question, probably a lazy one...

I would like a pair of every day shoes, I keep getting ads pop up for the Prius from Xero which I do like the look of. BUT before I send my money to America, is there an equivalent company in the UK?
16 Feb
1:08pm, 16 Feb 2021
203 posts
AndyS
Depends on what you mean by "equivalent" - I wear my Vivobareboot Stealth III as every day shoes - I believe they are a UK company, and they certainly have UK outlets.

vivobarefoot.com
17 Feb
12:51pm, 17 Feb 2021
1984 posts
cackleberry
Thanks AndyS.
Had a look at the vivo website.
I think I prefer the Xero styling, but then the colours I like are not available in the UK, there's a surprise.
As I will have to wait til payday now, I have time to think about it some more.

Looking forward to doing more in my flip-flops now it's not below zero anymore!
17 Feb
5:52pm, 17 Feb 2021
24540 posts
Lizzie Whizz
cackleberry, I have a pair of Mens Prio size 6.5 waiting for me to resell - I didn't know they come up small, bought a very good used pair, and can't get them on :-( . Grey with red bits, if they'd be any good for you.
18 Feb
10:04am, 18 Feb 2021
1985 posts
cackleberry
ooh, what size would you be normally? My normal shoes are 6 - 6.5 so maybe small for me too?
18 Feb
6:09pm, 18 Feb 2021
24542 posts
Lizzie Whizz
I'm 7ish.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by BarefootEm
Somewhere to talk about barefoot running, ask questions, swap stories etc...

Welcome!