Who Squares Wins!

1 lurker | 70 watchers

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.
20 May
9:07pm, 20 May 2018
22557 posts
LazyDaisy
Although thinking about it, I am hoping to getvout on my new bike...:-)
20 May
9:19pm, 20 May 2018
18594 posts
Wriggling Snake
I was saving up a run for tomorrow just in case...but I can just jog to coaching now tomorrow night......I have run a different route today...specifically to try and cover squares...i need another new route in my armoury.
20 May
9:41pm, 20 May 2018
19346 posts
Meglet
I did log my walks as runs. But only because they were a run substitute as I couldn’t run. IYSWIM. I don’t do a lot of walking usually and rarely from home so it won’t be regular. I really only went out because otherwise I’d have almost zero vitality points this week!
20 May
11:20pm, 20 May 2018
162 posts
njosmith
This isn't good... just out for a pootle...gonna be late for work...
20 May
11:43pm, 20 May 2018
2949 posts
mr d
81-80 njo, I already have enough reasons that keep me awake, does the game finish at Midnight tonight or Midday tomorrow?
20 May
11:45pm, 20 May 2018
26694 posts
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Mid day tomorrow.
12:02am
12:02am, 21 May 2018
2950 posts
mr d
Bu**er

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Link (roll over me to see where I go)

This game is still in the prototype stage, so it's not quite up to standard yet, but I thought it'd be useful to get your thoughts.

Unfortunately, with apologies to those of you without watches, it's a GPS game ONLY, so you will need some kind of GPS upload, whether that's from a Garmin, app, file or whatevs.

I've entered you all for the game, and generated a set of matches at random. Every Monday at midday, the matches will end and you'll be paired up against someone else. The pairing will be based on the ranking system, so if you've improved your ranking by winning your match, you'll be paired against someone of a similar ranking. Likewise, if you lose, you'll be put up against someone else who lost - at least until the rankings all settle down a bit after a few months.

I've set your home location as per your Fetch profile. You'll be able to change this once I've built that functionality. One of you has a latitude/longitude of 0,0, so unless you do most of your running off the coast of Africa, you're destined to lose for now. Give me a shout if that's you. More updates to the location system soon.

When you follow the link, you'll see a series of matches - one of which will be your match. Click the scores to see the scoring grid and (for your own match) your map. Your opponent will not be able to see your map, just you. Click anywhere on the score grid, and it'll zoom in to that square on the map, so you can check its boundaries.

Two daily points for running, one daily point for biking, and double points if you're the first person through that square that day (based on the time you log the training, not the time you ran/biked it).

Undoubtedly there will be some bugs and questions about game play, so please do shout out if anything seems to be wrong. Please watch [this thread] to share your issues, to avoid reporting the same issue twice.