Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker.

The revenue generated from the adverts on the site is a critical part of our funding - and it's because of these ads that I can offer the site for free. But using the site for free AND blocking the ads doesn't feel like a great thing to do, which is why this box is so large and inconvenient. Some sites will completely block your access, but I'm not doing that - I'm appealing to your good nature instead. Did you know that you can allow ads for specific sites, whilst still blocking them on others?

Thanks,
Ian Williams aka Fetch

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

How Many Races have you done this year?

17 watchers
24 Oct
6:43pm, 24 Oct 2019
34755 posts
Hills of Death (HOD)
14 is good I think the Brownlees did this in Superstars very difficult to 11-12 secs unless your under 30 or an Olympic sprinter
24 Oct
7:57pm, 24 Oct 2019
9248 posts
larkim
Clearly too many as I’ve missed the two most important (and expensive) due to injury.
9 Nov
7:08pm, 9 Nov 2019
6811 posts
chunkywizard
But you’ll be back. Just 3 more in December for me..
9 Nov
7:13pm, 9 Nov 2019
35572 posts
Derby Tup
Up to 30 Parkruns; six fell races
10 Nov
6:20am, 10 Nov 2019
1870 posts
Minnie Mad
26 races between 5k and 10 miles.

17 parkruns, which surprised me as I thought I hadn't done many this year!
7 Dec
12:49pm, 7 Dec 2019
1321 posts
GeneHunt59
50 x parkruns
4 x 5 Miles
1 x 10K
7 Dec
1:00pm, 7 Dec 2019
13533 posts
Homer! The Herald Angels Sing
Way more than I thought at the start of the year for sure!
7 Dec
1:22pm, 7 Dec 2019
4985 posts
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Token foreign race added last week (5 mile US Turkey Trot). Maybe a foreign parkrun next week.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by rf_fozzy
Title says it all - how many races have you done this (calendar) year.

Races are anything that produces published results (either paper or online or anything similar) with times and/or positions.

This therefore includes (but not limited to): Road Races, Fell Races, Cycle Races, Triathlons, Aquathlons, Duathlons, Parkruns (whether you actually "raced" them or not), Orienteering races, Track races (i.e. any T&F), Cross Country, Trail Races, Sportives, Adventure races, Mountain Marathons, Crits, time trials etc.....

Races with multiple stages with an overall result (a la tour de France) are separate races if there are results published for each day. So, 2 day Mountain Marathons are 2 races.

Adventure races where it is continuous = 1 race.

Parkruns are Races!! End of.