Hansons Marathon Method

6 watchers
Dec 2012
5:31pm, 30 Dec 2012
45 posts
  •  
runningdevon
Hi All,

Has anybody ever used the Hansons running marathon plan? I got the book for Xmas and i'm pondering if to the use the trusty Pfitz 55/70 mile plan i used in Amsterdam for my first sub 3 or to try the Hanson method to go for 2:50 in London 2013. The Hanson plan compared to Pfitz seems to focus more on quality workouts to enhance speed but I'm unsure if the longest run of 16 miles is far enough. I would like to hear from anybody who has used it to hear your thoughts.

Thanks
Jan 2013
9:20am, 1 Jan 2013
636 posts
  •  
IanRunner
I would have a look on let's run.com. There has been plenty of stuff in the past on it. It has a good search engine on the site to save you looking forever. It sounds good to me and not having to do lots of long runs like P&D would probably be a benefit to me. How did you find the book anyway?
Jan 2013
4:54pm, 1 Jan 2013
46 posts
  •  
runningdevon
Thanks for the info Ian. The book is well written and has good advice it is not much different from P & D in terms of knowledge. It doesn't have comprehensive schedules like P & D only 2 plans the beginner and advanced which tops at 63 miles. The book does give you advice to how you can add additional mileage and shows you an 18 week plan of an elite runner for the Brooks Distance project.
Jan 2013
10:16pm, 4 Jan 2013
639 posts
  •  
IanRunner
looks like an interesting book.It's a shame I'm not planning on a marathon anytime soon.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by runningdevon
Hi All,

Has anybody ever used the Hansons running marathon plan? I got the book for Xmas and i'...