Hi ,
It looks like you're using an ad blocker. I understand. No-one likes ads.

But our site costs money to operate, and I need to eat.

Please consider enabling ads for our website, or making a voluntary donation. If you donate, I can turn off the ads for you for a period of time. Average donations are about £3.50 per month, so a tenner would give you three months ad free.

Here's a link to our donation info.

Thanks,
Ian Williams aka Fetch

Elite Athletics Thread

121 watchers

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.
21 May
8:03am, 21 May 2019
8271 posts
Boab
Good on her, that's 2 fingers up at the IAAF.
22 May
7:45am, 22 May 2019
7560 posts
larkim
Olympic silver medallist in the marathon now suspended on EPO findings

letsrun.com

Good news any time a doper is caught of course. But equally not good, especially as this is unlikely to affect the Olympic medals I think due to the timing of the test etc.
22 May
1:03pm, 22 May 2019
1279 posts
SailorSteve
While we’re on the subject

Major Michael Rotich: Former head of Kenya's track and field team banned for 10 years bbc.co.uk
23 May
5:54am, 23 May 2019
8272 posts
Boab
These two stories are sad and promising at the same time. Sad that yet more Kenyan athletes and officials are involved in doping but promising that Kenya is finally getting to grips with what, to me, looks like endemic doping and corruption.

I've read that the World Marathon Majors injected some money into the anti doping fight in Kenya, looks like it is working, but while you have people like Rotich kicking about it is always going to be an uphill battle.

It's clear that the doping isn't organised and systemic like that of Russia for example, but there is a major problem. The numbers of athletes caught just this year shows that.
23 May
7:13am, 23 May 2019
7570 posts
larkim
The Rotich one is not strictly new news though as the incident and publicity and him being caught was well publicised in 2016. The sanction is welcome, but there's a risk that publicizing it now makes it appear to be yet another Kenyan scandal when it's not - it's just the same one we knew about.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

A thread to discuss any interesting stories or developments in elite athletics.

Current UK rankings - thepowerof10.info

IAAF Calendar - iaaf.org

GOOD SITES FOR NEWS
BBC Athletics - bbc.co.uk
Athletics Weekly - athletics-weekly.com
Letsrun - letsrun.com
IAAF Site - iaaf.org
Diamond League Site - diamondleague.com

BBC Athletics Coverage - bbc.co.uk