Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Elite Athletics Thread

128 watchers
16 Feb
9:26pm, 16 Feb 2020
10365 posts
larkim
I was thinking of 200m tracks for that 1500m for that very reason.

Didn’t they do the DTTH in the Usain Bolt “Nitro” games?
17 Feb
3:58pm, 17 Feb 2020
10373 posts
larkim
With Tokyo mara mass event cancelled, there's got to be some doubt about the Olympics hasn't there? I know there's plenty of time still, but would you bet against it at the moment?
jda
17 Feb
4:05pm, 17 Feb 2020
6387 posts
jda
Hate to jump on the panic bandwagon but I certainly wouldn't be booking anything without making triple sure there was good insurance cover for any related cancellation.

On the positive side, a lot of talk of hanging on for summer and hoping that the warmer weather will cut the spread. Though this sounds like wishful thinking to me.
17 Feb
4:37pm, 17 Feb 2020
10374 posts
larkim
I looked at some mapping which suggested that Africa and S America had almost zero cases registered. Whether that was climate related (i.e. no spread there) or data related (i.e. none recorded because systems are poor) would be the key issue!

OTOH I might be looking at Tokyo flights in the summer and wondering if there were bargains to be had, especially if you already have world wide annual travel insurance booked :-)
17 Feb
11:17pm, 17 Feb 2020
68625 posts
Gobi
5km WR !!!!!!!!

WOW !!!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by SPR
A thread to discuss any interesting stories or developments in elite athletics.

Current UK rankings - thepowerof10.info

IAAF Calendar - iaaf.org

GOOD SITES FOR NEWS
BBC Athletics - bbc.co.uk
Athletics Weekly - athletics-weekly.com
Letsrun - letsrun.com
IAAF Site - iaaf.org
Diamond League Site - diamondleague.com

BBC Athletics Coverage - bbc.co.uk