Training performance watch gadget things

1 watcher
Jun 2012
4:40pm, 23 Jun 2012
2 posts
  •  
fermoitie
I have an old Suunto and thinking of an upgrade to a Quest, M5, t6d or Ambit. I know some people use other brands like Polar, Garmin or Timex too ;)

I do basic triathlon and winter snow sports and quite like the idea of a training and performance analysis gadget whic can also give me outdoor/mountain information with ability to upload and analyse. I've never really got to using a programmed training plan with my old Suunto and know some of these can help with that.

I'm guessing that anything under a ton won't be comparable in features, quality or performance so has anyone got a watch they're pleased with - what do you like about it and why did you choose that one against something else?

I know that I wouldn't still be running and cycling 2 years on if I didn't get my performance stats, and now feel the need to treat myself to an upgrade for (ongoing) good behaviour :)

Thanks Fetchies, looking forward to hearing all about it, them and you !
Jun 2012
9:43pm, 26 Jun 2012
713 posts
  •  
lady alton
Boing!

I like my Garmin 310XT main reasons for choosing it are the battery life and ability to download routes. Although this is something I have just learnt how to do!
Welcome to Fetch
Jun 2012
9:56pm, 26 Jun 2012
6,226 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I have a Garmin 205 - because my Garmin 305 broke. And I had that because my Garmin 101 died. So despite the built-in obselescence (that's a long way from the right spelling, I'm sure) I keep going back to Garmin.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fermoitie
I have an old Suunto and thinking of an upgrade to a Quest, M5, t6d or Ambit. I know some people use...