Tooth out - no running?

1 watcher
Jul 2018
11:47am, 5 Jul 2018
First-time poster!!
  •  
LauraN
Hi,

So I'm having my first tooth out in forever next week, and my dentist recommends no exercise for five or six days afterwards. My problem is I'm in a RunBet and the schedule means I have to run three days after the extraction. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? I'm pretty fit (training for back to back marathons in October) and the runs I have to do at the weekend are short and can be quite slow.

Thanks!

Laura
Jul 2018
11:22am, 6 Jul 2018
1,892 posts
  •  
Fitz
Don't know, LAuraN, but welcome to the forum and here's a bump up the thread list back to the top where someone clever might see it and know the answer!
Jul 2018
6:54pm, 7 Jul 2018
11 posts
  •  
Pastmybest
Hi LauraN I had a tooth out in April ( biggest molar at the top ) I was told not to run for 24 hours , I actually left it 48 because I didn't feel like it the next day. I ran 7 miles 2 days after with no issues. I was just told to stop if I noticed any bleeding or pain.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Hi,

So I'm having my first tooth out in forever next week, and my dentist recommends no exerc...