BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Support thread for parents of teenagers

134 watchers
10 May
8:07pm, 10 May 2021
1355 posts
poppyH
Boy1 started an EPQ, he was looking at gender roles in professional wrestling, but dropped it before Christmas as he wasn't keeping up with the workload.
10 May
8:14pm, 10 May 2021
41417 posts
DocM
all my boys started EPQ and their school gives them the chance to carry on with it or not. The work that they did for them got recycled for other aspects of their studies and the skills learnt were very useful. My daughter (same school) is planning on completing hers. More universities are taking them into consideration when giving offers. My advice would be pick a subject that interests and continue with it if it doesn't detract from other work.
10 May
8:42pm, 10 May 2021
52486 posts
DrPhleecingD
She will stand out already being female and wanting to do physics I reckon...There’s plenty of outreach stuff for women wanting to get into STEM by the way

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
Thread was started by Trin, back when her kids were in their teens.

A place to vent, but also to share good news.

Close