Spine Race 2021

7 watchers
Feb 2021
3:00pm, 28 Feb 2021
1,561 posts
  •  
Gromit
Totally agree FF when I’ve volunteered in the past I’ve not claimed for any expenses (they don’t advertise that you can/should) ... this good will which in my case was 3 full tanks of fuel and a fed myself thru the entire event will very quickly disappear if it becomes too commercial ... alongside the increasing cost of the entry fee - MrsG did a very large eye roll when she found out how much my entry was 😱 and that’s money they’ve had in their bank account for over a year now 😥
Feb 2021
3:49pm, 28 Feb 2021
1,447 posts
  •  
Totriornottotri
Hopefully in a passive investment fund 😂 but you’re right - I got my money out as I can’t commit to long term things at the moment.
Mar 2021
1:28pm, 11 Mar 2021
1,563 posts
  •  
Gromit
So the Sprinters and the Challengers will be setting hours ahead of us full Spiners in June ....... there had better be some bloody food and drink left !! Its going to be a totally different race now i'm not going to be setting off until atleast 5pm ....... on the plus side i will defo sleep in my own bed now and not have to get up at silly o'clock at the YHA ;-)
Jun 2021
8:42pm, 19 Jun 2021
50,632 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
# 621 is Gary Chapman from KCAC. He’s the guy who’s taken over Yorkshireman organisation. Currently third amongst the 4-00pm starters
rhb
Sep 2021
1:39pm, 19 Sep 2021
1,796 posts
  •  
rhb
Fwiw I entered the Sprint. Being committed will make me go and do it rather than knowing I could go try solo but never bothering 'cos life etc.

Plan is to camp night before & this decision Haa been helped by news all competitors in all races need carry full sleep kit & cooking gear as mandatory (FB thread got quite heated). The kit list doesn't yet reflect this but will be updated apparently.

When i did same for Gritstone Grind I had a massive weight penalty vs those bussed to the start so this time I know it'll be more equal.

I'll probably camp out after the finish too unless I arrive at dawn.
rhb
Sep 2021
1:40pm, 19 Sep 2021
1,797 posts
  •  
rhb
^ Summer Sprint btw.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Totriornottotri
Any other fetchies in? I have snook in from the back of the wait list (which was over 200 people lon...