Something behind my left knee

1 watcher
Oct 2013
8:42pm, 24 Oct 2013
67 posts
  •  
trebormint
So I ran a 50K a few weeks ago and had no problems. But just over a week afterwards I felt a strange twinge behind my left knee when I was coming down some stairs. Thought nothing of it and went for a reasonably speedy 4.5 miler the next day. Since then I'm getting aching behind the knee (I've stopped running). It goes after a few days but then returns after a while. It only seems to come back when I'm walking down stairs.

Most odd and I'm slowly growing a belly due to a lack of exercise!
Oct 2013
8:44pm, 24 Oct 2013
9,808 posts
  •  
mulbs
well done on the 50k, I have no idea if your knee is normal or not but please blog re the royal parks :-) hope you heal soon
Oct 2013
8:52pm, 24 Oct 2013
3,392 posts
  •  
Jon_T
As someone with a knackered knee, I would suggest getting it looked at, I had a pain in my knee at Christmas and there was a piece of fractured bone I floating around my knee which required surgery in May? I'm not saying that's what you have, but I wouldn't take any chances with it if it's still painful. I have had too many problems with my knee in the past, so when it gets properly painful I get it seen to.
Oct 2013
8:58pm, 24 Oct 2013
7,719 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
+ 1 for getting someone to look at the knee. They're extremely complex joints
Oct 2013
9:23pm, 24 Oct 2013
16,837 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
nhs.uk
Oct 2013
8:09am, 25 Oct 2013
68 posts
  •  
trebormint
I thought it was a baker's cyst initially but couldn't see / feel any obvious swelling. I was waiting to see if it settled down a bit, but it hasn't so I think an initial visit to my GP is in order. Luckily my GP is actually into sports and is actually helpful.
Oct 2013
1:24pm, 27 Oct 2013
254 posts
  •  
kaiser
Best to get it checked . Ive been out with similar knee problems since june. Turns out ive got loose cartlidge floating around back there and now on waiting list to see orthopeadic surgeon. Try a physio visit they should be able to tell u straight away. Good luck hope ur on the mend soon x
Oct 2013
8:47pm, 30 Oct 2013
69 posts
  •  
trebormint
Still hurts when I go down more than a couple of stairs. GP on Friday!
Nov 2013
9:46am, 9 Nov 2013
70 posts
  •  
trebormint
GP visit was inconclusive although he was as helpful as he could be. He agreed to refer me if required by but I've started running again since with only minor aching at the moment. A physio suggested it is / was a hamstring injury. I've been rolling it well after running and not pushing the pace and keeping short strides.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by trebormint
So I ran a 50K a few weeks ago and had no problems. But just over a week afterwards I felt a strange...