Knee bursitis

2 watchers
Sep 2018
6:09pm, 12 Sep 2018
4,685 posts
  •  
Big Al Widepants
I have this. Swollen knee, dull pain, sharp pain sometimes, stiffness, limping. Anybody got any bright ideas on how to improve it. This is week 4. Been to the doc. Taking ibuprofen. Resting*, elevating, compressing sometimes, icing sometimes. It’s quite a bit more painful than you might think.

(Still doing a mile a day don’t shoot me.)
Sep 2018
6:29pm, 12 Sep 2018
9,268 posts
  •  
lammo
I was going to ask if you were resting...

*raises eyebrows and tuts*
Sep 2018
6:52pm, 12 Sep 2018
31,183 posts
  •  
Night-owl
I had bursitis in shoulder still not perfect.

Have you had ultrasound done see if any other underlying issues there might be
Sep 2018
6:53pm, 12 Sep 2018
17 posts
  •  
ascoey
I've been struggling with this in my heels and it has taken an age to get under control. What made the difference was getting a physio who understood which part of the legs to strengthen in order to take the pressure of the bursa, followed by alterations to my running "style" (to spend less time in contact with the ground).

Still on the comeback trail but that's not bursitis related. And you're right, it's a horrible, nagging, painful condition!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Big Al Widepants
I have this. Swollen knee, dull pain, sharp pain sometimes, stiffness, limping. Anybody got any brig...