Sharing (in)fertility struggles

8 watchers
Dec 2018
6:51pm, 15 Dec 2018
352 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
Thanks Gymfreek. It is my best progesterone score so far - I got 20 last time (though my cycle was only 23 days long), and 3 on a pre clomiphene cycle. You are right, it is good to know the clomiphene is doing its job, which makes the side effects more bearable.

I feel a bit better today, my tummy no longer hurts, I slept through the night, and OH got some tidying done yesterday.
Dec 2018
8:22pm, 15 Dec 2018
9,343 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
They all sound fairly similar to how my numbers were. Barely anything pre clomid but usually (tho not always) got into the 20s on it. They told me not to really worry about the short cycles thing, do you know when in the cycle you ovulate? I was quite early, seemed to usually be around day 10.

Definitely much easier and bearable when you know that it’s at least doing the job.
Jan 2019
1:04am, 4 Jan 2019
359 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
I'm now in the "two week wait" bit of my third clomiphene cycle. This month has been better (so far), not sure if my body is more used to the drugs, being on holiday is less stressful than work, or it isn't working!

I don't know exactly when I ovulate, but on my monitored cycle I hadn't on day 11, but given my cycles have been a bit short, I suspect it isn't long after that.

Best wishes to everyone with pregnancy and fertility for 2019.
Jan 2019
2:14am, 31 Jan 2019
364 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
Just had my day 21 progesterone test on cycle four of the clomiphene, I got 29 which is my second highest so far. I hoped it might be higher given that I was taking double the dose of clomid this time but it seems not. At least it was higher than last cycles pathetic 15!

Assuming that this isn't my lucky month, I have to have an appointment with the fertility Dr now before anything else can happen. I suspect that the only remaining plausible option is egg-donor IVF, but we will see.
Feb 2019
9:18pm, 2 Feb 2019
374 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
Another unsuccessful cycle, my period just started on day 24 :( I guess that explains why I though OH was being incredibly irritating, it was probably just my hormones (at least that is what he will think grrrr).

Even though I know full well the probability of pregnancy (6% on a clomiphene cycle, based on population studies and my AMH) I still feel sad and disappointed.
Jun 2019
10:14pm, 4 Jun 2019
416 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
I know that I am the only person really posting on this thread, but I felt it was time for an update anyway. I am currently on my 6th (or maybe 7th?) clomiphene cycle. None have been successful, and my cycle has varied between 23 and 29 days long. This time I bought some ovulation test strips so that at least I would know when I ovulated (day 15).

The exciting news, is that we are now nearing the top of the list for publicly funded IVF, we have an appointment with the nurse in three weeks, and then start in July! I am aware that our chances are low (10-15% depending what you read), but it is the highest chance thing we can do short of an egg donor (which is only publicly funded in a few cases, and we don't qualify)
Jun 2019
10:25pm, 4 Jun 2019
12,861 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Saw your name against the recent posts Jenelopy so just dropping by to be pleased for your exciting news. Fertility can be a hard battle, but two friends who long ago despaired have sent baby news, one via IVF the other via adoption. Sending best xxx
Jun 2019
8:55am, 5 Jun 2019
7,519 posts
  •  
KatieB
Got everything crossed for you, Jenelopy. Xx
Jun 2019
9:36am, 5 Jun 2019
9,406 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
Good luck Jenelopy, it’s great news you can get it publicly funded. Everything crossed for you.
Jun 2019
10:10am, 5 Jun 2019
18,706 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Hi Jen (and anyone else lurking). Fingers and everything else crossed for you. My two children are testament to the fact that despite what the statistics say, there's hope out there.

About This Thread

Maintained by Jenelopy
I know there is a thread for pregnant runners, but I thought a thread for the stage before that woul...