•  
Gymfreak
Clovis is clomid obv, stupid phone 🙈
Nov 2018
9:45pm, 23 Nov 2018
321 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
Thanks Gymfreak, good to know you didn't find each month any worse than the first. The side effect I struggled the most with was feeling kind of panicky and anxious. Made worse by the knowledge that being stressed was not going to help!

Hopefully I will be like your friend and this will be our month! I am realistic though and gradually coming to terms with the fact that pregnancy is unlikely for us.
Nov 2018
9:56pm, 23 Nov 2018
9,337 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
I know its hard to keep believing sometimes, I was told I was unlikely to conceive, but things do happen. I thought when I finished Clomid and it didn’t work for us that was it.

We’d started downregulation injections for IVF but it was a natural conception in the end, which I had been told would definitely not happen. So do NOT give up. It was a huge shock. I still don’t believe it to be honest.

Any stresses do try and remove them, but everyone telling you not to be stressed can make you more stressed 😂🙈
Nov 2018
8:57am, 24 Nov 2018
2,702 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
My wife was told that it would be extremely hard for her to conceive. In order to protect her privacy, we only told close friends about the problem. As a result, I was called a Jaffa. Some people can be really insensitive just because they didn't know the facts or appreciate that pregnancies are not always straightforward.
Nov 2018
10:29am, 24 Nov 2018
9,448 posts
  •  
lammo
Hi Jenelopy, just wanted to wish you all the best and to add to the voices of you not being alone.

We went through the clomid cycles but had IVF which was successful first time round for our first, our second was all natural.

Fingers crossed for you.

PS: First time I’ve mentioned this on Fetch.
Nov 2018
6:28pm, 24 Nov 2018
322 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
Thanks for sharing your experiences Surrey Phil and lammo. This is the first time I have shared fully. I mentioned to my parents we were struggling to conceive but didn't go in to any details. If it was something people talked about more easily I would have told some of my friends at work, but instead they probably just think I have been a right grumpy cow while on the clomid.

I'm hoping that this cycle will be less stressful because (a) I know what is coming (b) I can vent here! and (c) the huge review at work has now been finalised (and I still have a job). In hindsight last month perhaps wasn't a good choice in terms of work stress.
Nov 2018
6:31pm, 24 Nov 2018
323 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
Gymfreak: amazingly awesome that you conceived naturally :)
We've been told there is a 3% chance in a normal cycle, 6% on a clomid cycle, 10% on an IVF cycle and ~50% on an IVF cycle with donor eggs. We're only eligible for one funded cycle (and that probably wont be until late 2019). I'm still unsure about donor eggs - it is putting someone you don't even know to an awful lot of trouble.

Obviously these numbers are approximate, and some people have to be part of the 3% each month, even if more are part of the 97%!
Dec 2018
2:12am, 5 Dec 2018
337 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
Day 13 of the clomiphene cycle. It seemed be going better than the last cycle in terms of side effects. I didn't feel as exhausted or as bloated while taking the tablets, to the extent I worried they weren't working!
I'm now struggling more with feelings of anxiety and panic. I must keep remembering that this is something I have chosen to do, and that the feelings will pass in a couple of weeks (which coincidentally is when my parents arrive from the UK). I now have a lot more sympathy for people who suffer form anxiety on a regular basis.
Dec 2018
8:20pm, 14 Dec 2018
351 posts
  •  
Jenelopy
I got 31 on Thursday's day 21 progesterone test, so the clomiphene did at least make me ovulate this month. I'm feeling a bit rubbish (sore tummy, tearful, anxious), not sure how much that is the side effects, a bug, or general stress.

My parent's arrive on Wednesday, and as predicted OH is being a bit rubbish about clearing up his stuff. I did warn him when I started this cycle that we either needed to tidy up a few weeks ago, or except that I might not have as much patience with him as normal. Needless to say we barely started weeks ago, and he isn't being especially cooperative (though he seems to think he is).
Dec 2018
4:15pm, 15 Dec 2018
9,342 posts
  •  
Gymfreak
31 is a good result, at least the clomid is doing its bit. Hang in there, fingers and everything else crossed xx

About This Thread

Maintained by Jenelopy
I know there is a thread for pregnant runners, but I thought a thread for the stage before that woul...