Runscribe

1 watcher
Jan 2015
9:03am, 22 Jan 2015
12,362 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
Interesting piece of kit here. Something to really get the biomechanists among us talking. Anyone else seen this/got any opinions?

runscribe.com
Jan 2015
9:14am, 22 Jan 2015
5,443 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Looks very interesting - having stopped myself hitting the pre-order button I have no idea how much it costs as compared to a top of the range GPS - (which I don't have) - some of which do I think have cadence data now?
Jan 2015
9:39am, 22 Jan 2015
3 posts
  •  
skookie
Looks really good :) but are you going to be able to 'change' the way you run after looking at your results? We can change the stride we take but I don't think its really possible to change the way our feet impact the ground etc. Will be sticking with my Garmin :) ( maybe buying a Garmin Vivoative when available buy.garmin.com )
Jan 2015
9:55am, 22 Jan 2015
971 posts
  •  
Spleen
Kickstarter. Ignore until it's actually in the shops and the finished article has been reviewed by independent publications. Most Kickstarter projects are scams.
Jan 2015
10:52am, 22 Jan 2015
4,678 posts
  •  
Badger
It isn't total vapourware - they've been showing prototypes for over a year:
dcrainmaker.com
Missed their target date to market by 9 months and counting.
Jan 2015
10:57am, 22 Jan 2015
12,363 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
I was thinking interested in terms of the data. As skookie says - you have all this stuff about your angles and accelerations, but can you actually fundamentally change the way you run? Can it help you become more efficient, avoid injury, diagnose injury? How do certain patterns of accelerations and angles relate to the relative dominance within the running action of the various joints and muscles?

Similarly if you use this for other applications, what can it help you do?

It would be interesting to calibrate along side a force place to see how the accelerations compare at the foot mounted position and at the floor.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by The Teaboy
runscribe.com

Thoughts on this new bit of analysis kit?